Home

IGN Review (7.8)

This is a discussion on IGN Review (7.8) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: IGN Review (7.8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
I have issues with the game but 7.8? That is much too low.
The text of the review is very complimentary when 2k15 deserves it. He praises the gameplay, the animations, the presentation, the improvements in some modes, and he says he recommends the game as an offline basketball game.

However, if 2k insists on making NBA 2k an almost 'always online' type experience, then you have to review the product for what it is. It works both ways, if 2k is forcing us to be dependent on servers, then their product should be evaluated in the context of how it works.

Besides 7.8 is still a pretty decent score. Sometimes scores like that look a bit on the low side, but if you read the text in full, it actually makes some great points.

I'd give NBA 2k15 a 9-9.5 based on gameplay. I am absolutely loving it, the on-court basketball has never been this good. Everything else? It's horrible. If you want to design your game around the need for an internet connection, then your product will be reviewed around this as well.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
So if the servers have no more issues, do they raise the score??? Lol. Smh. In the preview, he admitted to having the game the same amount of time we've had the game, which is two days, and since the servers messed up in the two days he's had the game, that is the main contention of dropping the score? Most games that come out with online anything have server issues the first day or so, this just seemed like payback for last years debacle to me.

They waited weeks to review destiny, but kick this review out in two days...lol. Yeah, ok.
Hello you sheep,

Destiny fixed their servers ASAP, and had their servers working plus the content was a lot more broad. Plus IGN had at least 5 days to review this. Get your facts right.

Get an education.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:19 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
the game gameplay wise is a 9 or a 8.5 at WORSE. but the lack of servers and what not, have really killed the fun of the park and myteam.

input lag and how the park is organized with friends doesnt help either. this is a fair score. but the game in this case needs to be reviewed again. i do wana see what they gave driveclub since servers played a role here
They gave driveclub a 7.9 but I'm not sure if a discussion of servers was part of their review.

Anyway, IGN has a re-review policy based on game updates, so if the game's functionality improves, there should be no reason for them not to increase the score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #12
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

IMO the score is fair. I was able to read the review 22 times while waiting to get into a Park game. (Jk) I'm sticking with games against friends and offline play because those options are very enjoyable and working at this time.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 10-10-2014, 01:32 AM   #13
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_bato
They gave driveclub a 7.9 but I'm not sure if a discussion of servers was part of their review.

Anyway, IGN has a re-review policy based on game updates, so if the game's functionality improves, there should be no reason for them not to increase the score.
thanks for the heads up. i wana check out the review after seeing how insulting the Gamespot one was towards DC
Old 10-10-2014, 01:39 AM   #14
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuskew
Hello you sheep,

Destiny fixed their servers ASAP, and had their servers working plus the content was a lot more broad. Plus IGN had at least 5 days to review this. Get your facts right.

Get an education.
From your start date, I see you're new around here. Take a deep breath. Calm down.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:46 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

IGN's score is clearly just them mad about not getting the exclusive pre-release
There's a reason they've never mentioned server functionality before
Likewise a reason why their score pales in comparison to other 2K titles they've reviewed.

This game blows 2K14 out of the water once the servers are in order. What did IGN rate that?
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 10-10-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 01:51 AM   #16
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
IGN's score is clearly just them mad about not getting the exclusive pre-release
There's a reason they've never mentioned server functionality before
Likewise a reason why their score pales in comparison to other 2K titles they've reviewed.

This game blows 2K14 out of the water once the servers are in order. What did IGN rate that?
80% of 2k is online and unplayable ATM. The score is warranted

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »