Home

2k15 basically punishes you to be a jump shooting team

This is a discussion on 2k15 basically punishes you to be a jump shooting team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 03:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k15 basically punishes you to be a jump shooting team

I'm not even playing on Hall of Fame.. just superstars.
Unless you are using a team like the Thunder or the Spurs which i managed to win close games at this level.
you will basically get killed taking jump shots because the window for most avg. players' shot releases has gotten so absurdly small most of the yellow shot releases (im talking about those releases that are nearly close to center) have just about 40% chance of going in.. you basically have to hit perfect green every. single. time. to have hope of a shot going in in a wide open shot. If its a contested one, forget about it.

the only thing i like about this is the fact that they have also lowered the AI team shooting % as well.. but if the AI decided to go in the paint for easy pass and layup every possession. You will get blown out taking open jump shots.. and you can't not not try to play tight D on them because unlike you, AI will hit green most of the time on a wide open shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 04:54 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: 2k15 basically punishes you to be a jump shooting team

I really think you should try real fg % bruv. Sure it takes some of the feel out of the game but its makes it more authentic(at least for me)

I couldn't disagree more with the title of this thread. Try using Lowry/DeRozan/Ross and tell me this game punishes you for being a jump shooting team...
Old 10-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #3
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchui1028
Unless you are using a team like the Thunder or the Spurs which i managed to win close games at this level.
you will basically get killed taking jump shots because the window for most avg. players' shot releases has gotten so absurdly small most of the yellow shot releases (im talking about those releases that are nearly close to center) have just about 40% chance of going in.. you basically have to hit perfect green every. single. time. to have hope of a shot going in in a wide open shot. If its a contested one, forget about it.

the only thing i like about this is the fact that they have also lowered the AI team shooting % as well.. but if the AI decided to go in the paint for easy pass and layup every possession. You will get blown out taking open jump shots.. and you can't not not try to play tight D on them because unlike you, AI will hit green most of the time on a wide open shot.
Play on all-star level problem solved. See how easy I fixed your shot timing issue! The bill will be in the mail

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchui1028

I actually find my jump shooting percentages to be fine for the most part as the Warriors. Then again GSW has a plethora of shooters (some of them with releases that feel a little too easy for their actual accuracy). But it seems the AI is almost automatic if not well contested on SS/Sim. And when the AI has momentum and gets a head of steam towards the basket even with secondary players it feels unstoppable-- your bigs don't reliably change shots, your players slip off, contested shots go in fairly often, and you don't jump and contest when you want to. it's because I'm back peddling?
Old 10-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah, I don't know how many times I've seen an AI player just rip around me on a screen and my AI big standing in the post do literally nothing (not even put hands up!) to try and stop the easy layup. No leaping block, no shot contest, nada.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

i think the fg% is bad because of the improved spacing??? they said the spacing is better but i feel the court is still crowded. so shooting mid range shots unchallenged is still difficult. the computer its easy for because it has the ability to keep your players feet on the ground when it wants to shoot.

layups are easier because they tuned the blocking down but mid range can still be trouble. i dont know if the courts to small or what but i watch alot of nba and there is not as much traffic as this game has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »