Home

Is earning VC this year easier?

This is a discussion on Is earning VC this year easier? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Is earning VC this year easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarquez
Don't know how 500 VC makes a difference to these guys, I upgraded a few things to maybe the 4th or 5th attribute and now to move that up ONCE I need at LEAST 2000+ VC. That means I have to play 4 games optimally and without CPU nonsense ruining my grade to get a single +1 stat boost to a few things.

Not to mention The Park doesn't even give you the 150 VC for playing any more, you now get negative VC if your grade isn't good which is typically a given if you lost the game so you end up with 0 for all that time played.

The only saving grace is that the 2k15 APP just came out so I can at least get 600-1000+ VC a day now and sort of get an attribute increase every so often.
So wait, you have to play 3 or 4 games to upgrade and you think that's bad? You think you should upgrade after every game or something? LOL
Old 10-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonIsGod
I know last year wasn't really easy. I hope this year it's easier, especially for offline players.
But but buy attaining VC is mostly for online my player and its directly connected to servers .

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
Banned

Shoot yeah, only $5 for 15,000vc thats pretty easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
So basically you want to get enough VC in a day/a few games to upgrade your attributes significantly?

Lol they did away with this so you can't go from a 65 to a 90 in a day unless you buy VC. It's not hard to earn VC at all, you can get your MyPlayer up to about a 75ish really easily. That's about on par with the other rookie stars, seems realistic to me.
Don't know why a few of you find it funny. You must be easily entertained by bad business practices. Aside from MYCAREER, 2k14 allowed you to get 150 VC just for playing a full length Park game, a local Sprite sponsored 1v1, and of course quick matches for 300 VC. I also think career games offered up plenty of VC and upgrades weren't that expensive.

Im not expecting to be MAXED OUT in a day, that would be incredibly stupid and thats a dumb point to even assume. Considering the alternative is buying 100,000 VC to make a difference which is what 2k would love, I think they personally pulled back the VC earning capabilities. Don't try to come for me for pointing out the truth.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

A half decent amount of VC can be earned in s short amount of time by playing 1 on 1 on the blacktop.

You give the cpu the ball, let them score, get the ball back, turn it over or throw up a brick rinse repeat.

Its mindless so you can multitask(I watched 8 episodes of the sopranos, must have played damn near 40 games) but it is what it is, boring.

You get 150vc win or lose. You do NOT have to use your MyPlayer.

Did this for 2 days and i'm 79(oops, actually 77) overall. Spent $0 on VC, and earned a miniscule 3500 through myCareer at that point.

Does GM mode still offer VC for success?

You know, I Played a ton of Destiny when It first came out. I was a 28 within a week or so.
Friends i played with weren't as lucky as I was tho, struggling to make 24.

After about two weeks I realized that Destiny did not respect anyone's free time because its progression system is painfully slow. Being as how the endgame content turned out to be the real meat of the game, making the progression system so slow kind of felt like a slap in the face.

How is 2K any different fundamentally? You can say the journey to the top makes you appreciate the top a little bit more and because both games are of very high quality that is a fairly sound argument.
But with the balancing that gone into MyPlayer this year, the attribute caps ect its apparent that the real meat of the MyPLayer 2k online experience is the endgame. When you have a team of 3 or 5 90-94 rated players with strengths and weaknesses filling in certain roles and playing each individual position, this VC grind feels like a slap in the face and the fact that you can BUY you way to the top (unlike Destiny) feels like an insult to my free time and my limited wallet.

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 10-11-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #14
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
Does GM mode still offer VC for success?
Yes. 500 something for a win and 400 something for a loss I believe.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunePirate
Yes. 500 something for a win and 400 something for a loss I believe.
what about regarding season goals? Can one just sim a season and earn modest VC?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #16
Rookie

1k VC in 20 mins via MyCareer:
-Only play 350 key games
-Play on HoF sim, 6 mins
-Make sure to get A or A+ rating

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »