Home

NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #33
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
My biggest gripe this year is that it seems like in about half the games I play, the post game highlights aren't available. The announce team will tell me who the player of the game is, but the Jordan highlights never happen, and then when I go to the box score to try and watch individual player highlights, it doesn't give me the option.

Also, when do they ever show the national anthem intro? I've played the game about 6 times, but it's the exact same home team intro every time so far, which has already gotten a bit stale for me.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #34
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best

What a year for this article to be written..

I actually think their presentation has taken a major step back across the board.

Sure, the "pregame" show with shaq and ernie is cool, but most of the time after that, it goes right to tip off. Sometimes you'll get player introductions or the National anthem, but those are rare.

Sometimes it seems like the commentators are going to talk about the upcoming game, but it's like the game is button mashing through everything right to the tip off.

The crowd doesn't get as loud as it needs to in big game situations sometimes, coupled with the fact that the commentary remains largely unchanged, with most of Steve kerrs lines actually being cut.

Stat overlays barely work, I've never seen the league leaders in any category Stat overlay pop up and work properly.

There's no halftime show, when a player is getting interviewed by doris Burke, it shows no player stats. (the interviews seem a lot shorter and a lot less relevant this year as well. Player of the game doesn't work, nor does player highlights when you play a game longer than 6 minute quarters.

I'm sorry, but the presentation this year is not good, it's maybe mediocre at best. If they can fix the Stat overlays it will get better, but the overall presentation package is disappointing at best.

NBA 2K used to be the king of presentation. Not anymore though. I really don't understand this article at all.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

They added a pre-game show and got rid of the highlights and commentating at half time.

I don't know how people can say that it a huge step backwards.

That math doesn't add up to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
There is no reason why it shouldn't have the best presentation. Of all the sports, it has the least players and least amount of equipment. I would think this saves an enormous amount of the developer's time to focus on other areas of the game.
Madden has used the same player types since ray lewis was on the cover. So it/they should be working on everything else, like the atmosphere around the games....as it stands, its dull. Also not having equipment makes it more difficult i think.. They have to accurately make players hight, weight, wing span and look.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 6

I thought the presentation is meh. They're giving us something new but then they're taking away something we want. For example, the Halftime and Post game show are just too simple...there are no highlights and that stats that they show during Halftime are not details enough...I want a details stats. It only shows rebound, field goal and a couple others but what about field goal %, turnovers, steals, time possesion....c'mon man, i want to see more.

The stats overlay that show up during the game are missing. In 2k14, I thought it was cool but at the same time annoying because it prevents you from doing what you want while these things pop up. For example, i can't do a substitution or change strategy quickly because i have to wait for this pop up to leave before i can access them. So my suggestion to developers is to make it so that user can have the ability to remove the overlay quickly by a simple press of a button. That'll solve the problem. So if it's in 2k15....that'll be cool, i just hope that it doesn't interfere with user interface. There are already glitches in the game reported by many people such as not seeing stats overlay, refs delay giving the ball to you, and client that kicked you offline while you're in the middle of the game. I even have an Online Ranked game kick me all the way back to MyTeam option...that was weird.

Some of the cool presentations they added which I like are:

pre-game show that even tell you what your season standing is when you're in myCareer mode and they tell you about your last game played whether you win or lose...i thought that was cool. How do you improve on this? I thought the studio where Shaq and Ernie sat doesn't look real. The background looks like someone just draw them up and painted with a color pen....basically it doesn't look real to me. Also, it'll be cool if they have some sort of background music in the beginning of the show.

National anthem...although I didn't get to see much of it. Isn't it random or bug? I only get to see it a couple times and never seen them again.

Cheerleaders...i thought they're the best i seen in a video game
Mascots...hilarious running diving on the court.
Interview...better than last year imo.
Commentators...it sounds the same as last year. I think it's time to get rid of Steve Kerr.
Halftime and Post game shows are missing plus the highlights. I think it's time they bring back Kenny Smith to do some highlights.

One more thing, that cool piece of cutscenes before the game w/ the music? That was the coolest thing i ever seen. I hope they don't take it away or people are going to be whining about it too lol.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 10-13-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1
More comments that help me decide to wait awhile before buying.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree that when you play a game in MyGM, MyLeague, or quick game the presentation is great.

I emphatically DO NOT agree that the presentation is good in MyCareer. In fact, I think the presentation is distractingly poor in that mode. The cuts scenes are flat out bad. They are emotionally flat, poorly delivered, and irrelevant (most of the time) to the game play.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the author has been hanging out with the Iron Sheik

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »