Home

"One of you has data that is out of sync..." Can't play w/ friends, any suggestions?

This is a discussion on "One of you has data that is out of sync..." Can't play w/ friends, any suggestions? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #9
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: "One of you has data that is out of sync..." Can't play w/ friends, any suggestio

Just create a two man lg with u and ur friend as a workaround.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 10-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #10
Rookie

DirtySouf's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: "One of you has data that is out of sync..." Can't play w/ friends, any suggestio

Since the update, I haven't been able to play an online quick game. After choosing teams the meter goes up to 95% then says there are no more players remaining in the game.

Also, trying to choose "play with friends" crashes the game back to the home screen every time. Ironically, if I load my second profile, this works fine. This also happens to a few people on my friends list.

I hate playing CPU/scripted game modes so I'm pretty much SOL until 2K fixes this. I've even opened a ticket and have heard nothing back from them. I am seriously considering pursuing a refund because I can't play the modes that I enjoy.

Hopefully a community member can find a solution because I have no faith in 2K at this point.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:26 AM   #11
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

OVR: 0

Lets revive this topic amd hope someone has a solution
Because i bought 2k18 and the game shakes and shivers after it didnt allow me to play a friend ..we started a league and were able to play but the game is stuttering heavily
This is just unacceptable .we both have the digital version and ive tried watching the credits or sit on the play now option to no avail .

Please its messing up our online league and gaming experience as a whole ..2k17 we never had this problem
Please help needed !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 03:02 AM   #12
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

This message has usually meant in 2k and games in general that one of you hasn't downloaded the updates everyone else has.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #13
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Yes i understand but there is no option to manually downloaf the update ..thats the strange thing bro ...you have to do random stuff like watch credits or sit on the play now optio ..ridiculous ..i really hope some one reads this who also encountered this issue and fixed it ..would be highly appregiated !!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #14
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Ive read that 2k has a region lock so european players like me cant play vs US players wich suckssss !
Old 09-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #15
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
Yes i understand but there is no option to manually downloaf the update ..thats the strange thing bro ...you have to do random stuff like watch credits or sit on the play now optio ..ridiculous ..i really hope some one reads this who also encountered this issue and fixed it ..would be highly appregiated !!
You're talking about when the little box appears in the corner to head to the main menu to download an update? Those are the in-game live updates, and that's different than what raiderphantom is talking about.

A data out of sync message usually means either you or your friend(s) didn't install a patch for the game, as in the ones delivered via PS4 or Xbox or Steam or whatever platform you're on. Are you sure you don't have a hanging notification on your system prompting you to install a patch for NBA 2K18?

If all else fails, re-installing the game would solve it, because that would involve you needing to re-install the patches, etc.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »