Home

Is there a delay in the shot meter?

This is a discussion on Is there a delay in the shot meter? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Is there a delay in the shot meter?

I wouldn't turn it off at all. It's a great tool to see how your release is. Nothing like seeing it fill up green. I think it is the best addition in years to the NBA 2K franchise.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #10
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I wouldn't turn it off at all. It's a great tool to see how your release is. Nothing like seeing it fill up green. I think it is the best addition in years to the NBA 2K franchise.
I think its a great addition as well, I have no idea what the complaining is about if you don't get it full green you did not do a perfect release you can be off by a milisecond therefor the shot does not have a 100 precent change of going in.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I think its a great addition as well, I have no idea what the complaining is about if you don't get it full green you did not do a perfect release you can be off by a milisecond therefor the shot does not have a 100 precent change of going in.

the problem is that there is clearly input lag

you can go into practice mode and test it out.....trying to get slighty early releases on purpose....would get slightly late over and over and over

there is either lag or 2k is making it intentionally inconsistent so it can't be cheesed....i'm honestly leaning towards lag myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
The problem is that you have to look at the meter instead of the actual release. I'm all for a challenge but there's no percentage difference when turning off the meter or leaving it on. It's personal preference.

Some of us don't like taking our focus off of the actual jumpshot release, while others are having a hard time using it because of input lag.

Just because someone doesn't like something that you like, doesn't mean it's complaining.

The shot meter is optional. You either turn it on or off, there's nothing to complain about. This thread is made by someone addressing their issue with the shot meter apparent input lag.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #13
Rookie

i always see a delay
Old 10-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #14
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
The problem is that you have to look at the meter instead of the actual release. I'm all for a challenge but there's no percentage difference when turning off the meter or leaving it on. It's personal preference.

Some of us don't like taking our focus off of the actual jumpshot release, while others are having a hard time using it because of input lag.

Just because someone doesn't like something that you like, doesn't mean it's complaining.

The shot meter is optional. You either turn it on or off, there's nothing to complain about. This thread is made by someone addressing their issue with the shot meter apparent input lag.
I never look at the meter until after i make the shoot, just to see how off i was, there are a lot of broken aspects of the game this feature not so much.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #15
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
I never look at the meter until after i make the shoot, just to see how off i was, there are a lot of broken aspects of the game this feature not so much.
idk....you seem to be in the minority to be perfectly honest....i haven't seen too many people praising the shot meter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #16
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
idk....you seem to be in the minority to be perfectly honest....i haven't seen too many people praising the shot meter
Like i said i have major issues with the CPU player tendencies a lot more than being able to see how off i am shooting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »