Home

Is there a delay in the shot meter?

This is a discussion on Is there a delay in the shot meter? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2014, 01:56 AM   #17
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is there a delay in the shot meter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I wouldn't turn it off at all. It's a great tool to see how your release is. Nothing like seeing it fill up green. I think it is the best addition in years to the NBA 2K franchise.
When I shoot near perfection with the meter, I still miss. Need I remind you, my shooting in MyPlayer is nearly maxed out. Cost me $20 and I still can't shoot. Besides the fact my team is ball hogging and I'm a SG. Go figure!! Shot meter is bugged. It has a major delay. Even with the meter off, my guy is constantly missing wide open shots and I'm timing the jump perfectly. Honestly, the game is completely broken.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:48 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Iirc, the developers said even with a perfect release you can still miss the shot.

The only time I have issues is when a shot gets queued up while waiting for an animation to finish so it can start the shot. I can't tell if the game is using the timing from when I press the button and release, or if it's sync'd to the shooting animation once it plays out. In those situations, waiting for the meter to start and then trying to time it perfectly throws me off.

Heads up to people complaining of excessive offline input lag, it could be your televisions. You will have to research those televisions yourself to find what kind of lag they have. I used to game on a 42" tv, but input lag was an issue. Once I got myself a gaming monitor, the issue disappeared.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:30 AM   #19
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Maybe cause I'm on PC, but I am having no input lag at all.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:30 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
Heads up to people complaining of excessive offline input lag, it could be your televisions. You will have to research those televisions yourself to find what kind of lag they have. I used to game on a 42" tv, but input lag was an issue. Once I got myself a gaming monitor, the issue disappeared.
Yes or at least use your game or pc mode on tv.
I dont have any input lag issues on PS4.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:31 AM   #21
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
When I shoot near perfection with the meter, I still miss. Need I remind you, my shooting in MyPlayer is nearly maxed out. Cost me $20 and I still can't shoot. Besides the fact my team is ball hogging and I'm a SG. Go figure!! Shot meter is bugged. It has a major delay. Even with the meter off, my guy is constantly missing wide open shots and I'm timing the jump perfectly. Honestly, the game is completely broken.
LOL it's not bugged. You can still miss, and that's your fault for spending extra cash on VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 04:00 AM   #22
Rookie

Since turning the shot meter off, I have shot much better. I tend to concentrate more on the shot release.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:08 AM   #23
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I never look at the meter until after i make the shoot, just to see how off i was
Same here

I dont look at the meter it throws me off.....I go for feel more than anything and have been doing well.

As far as the OP no shooting lag for me offline ....now the time i did play online shooting was lagging like crazy.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:47 AM   #24
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I see this argument every year. Why is it so hard to adjust to the lag? If you know it's going to give you a late release at Point A, then it should be common sense to find a new Point A. Personally, "input lag" has never been a problem for me, and I believe it's people making excuses for their poor shooting in online games. Also, I like the shot meter. It's gives me a visual indication of how good my release was, and it has helped me calm down on the number of complaining moments where I think the shot should have went in on open shots. I like that it validates the moments when I think I rushed a shot or held the shot stick too long. I don't use it to shoot my jumpers. I just use it to "grade" my shot during a game, then adjust my shot accordingly or change my offensive game plan if I just can't find the stroke for a particular player for whatever reason.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 10-12-2014 at 09:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »