Home

Why do contested jumpers continue to go in?

This is a discussion on Why do contested jumpers continue to go in? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #65
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do contested jumpers continue to go in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Hey Czar is just not just that it's the sequence of events, teams don't play like their real like counter parts, players that are not stars play too much like stars and are getting into the lane way too often and making those contested shots, I should not see 5-9" Thomas making shots over Noah in the paint, I can't count how many times i have restarted the game after see BS like that over and over again, it takes the fun out of the game when I know the only way i can win is to make an unrealistic number of my shots because the CPU will make most of their open shots as well as a high number of contested, maybe it the fact that blocking has been toned down that which is causing this effect.
It is always great to see the CPU automatically pull up for mid range jumpers on fast breaks as well.....i love when every single player can do a Dirk fade away while running full speed ahead
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
How many shots are we talking per ? min qtrs men ? Cause I'm playing retail right now and I swear I am not seeing an obscene amount of shots falling that are contested.

I don't think I am that much better defensively than you guys are so I am not sure what the issue really is.

The following is FYI not mean to discredit your experience.

When the AI makes a contested shot it is luck. It is not a 100% shot.

The way the system works is a well defended shot has a low chance of going in but it is still a chance. Some of the shots your complaining about could only have a 5% chance of going in.

So if your giving up 2 layups and 2 open shots and then the AI is rolling and hit's a couple contested shots. I don't think that is all that egregious.

If you force them into 5 straight bad shots and they hit every one consistently then we have a problem if it is consistent.

There are so many ratings and rhythms and things going on with this game at any one time everything is not always so cut and dry regarding something like how many shots are falling.

Now were only talking perimeter shots. If your gripe is putbacks that could be a different issue. So let's not discuss that here.

So what are your settings and where on the axis do you fall ? I contest every shot and they make every one ? Or They are just making a few more than they should ?

Because those or two different issues. If your talking my career that is different.

Right now let's focus, if you care to, on simply user vs AI superstar sim, No defensive assist, manual shot contest. Or the closest we can get to that.

If your playing on HOF .... You don't belong in this conversation. Non focused feedback isn't all that helpful when considering adjustments.

If your saying every contested shot if falling we def need to see some video.
Don't buy into this thread. CPU isnt making contested shots like that on me. Depends on what he calls contested. I never have this problem and I rarely get beat by the CPU. I usually blow the CPU you on hof Sim. Only the better teams make for a tougher game but I still win by 10. This game is perfect my brother. You know there are always going to be people that aren't that good at the game complain th most. Just practice and you will get better. Plain and simple.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #67
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballhardorgetbeat
Don't buy into this thread. CPU isnt making contested shots like that on me. Depends on what he calls contested. I never have this problem and I rarely get beat by the CPU. I usually blow the CPU you on hof Sim. Only the better teams make for a tougher game but I still win by 10. This game is perfect my brother. You know there are always going to be people that aren't that good at the game complain th most. Just practice and you will get better. Plain and simple.
i have straight up posted screen shots of shots CPU is hitting

and they are most certainly silly a good chunk of the time
Old 10-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
So in my MyCareer, I'm on the raptors. Dwayne wade went 18/18 when I had it on All-Star Default. My guys not the best defender but at one point we were putting double hands in his face. So i changed it to All-Star Simulation, and opponent shot percentages went down....no more 18/18 games.

but so did my teams (which was never unrealistic in the first place). Now i'm the only scorer on the team shooting above 40%.

Just to experiment I put it on Superstar (i wanted to see if I could still put up good numbers). It seems like the margin of skill between my teammates and their team keeps getting bigger but I haven't played enough games yet.

I'll reask the question I asked in the Q&A Thread - what is the settings that is supposed to mimic the NBA most realistically? Because I haven't found it yet...

All star sim seems to work fine for me for most game modes. Unfortunately, MyCareer seems to run totally different. I haven't found anything realistic for MyCareer games and I starting to think that's just the way the mode is designed. I'm gonna try switching the shooting type to Real FG% to see if that helps.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #69
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

lol @ people saying gameplay is realistic, when guys like Josh Smith still make contested 3s and Robin Lopez making Kobe contested fadeaways. On Superstar btw, I am a hof guy but if this happens on Superstar, I don't want to touch hof
Old 10-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
How many shots are we talking per ? min qtrs men ? Cause I'm playing retail right now and I swear I am not seeing an obscene amount of shots falling that are contested.

I don't think I am that much better defensively than you guys are so I am not sure what the issue really is.

The following is FYI not mean to discredit your experience.

When the AI makes a contested shot it is luck. It is not a 100% shot.

The way the system works is a well defended shot has a low chance of going in but it is still a chance. Some of the shots your complaining about could only have a 5% chance of going in.

So if your giving up 2 layups and 2 open shots and then the AI is rolling and hit's a couple contested shots. I don't think that is all that egregious.

If you force them into 5 straight bad shots and they hit every one consistently then we have a problem if it is consistent.

There are so many ratings and rhythms and things going on with this game at any one time everything is not always so cut and dry regarding something like how many shots are falling.

Now were only talking perimeter shots. If your gripe is putbacks that could be a different issue. So let's not discuss that here.

So what are your settings and where on the axis do you fall ? I contest every shot and they make every one ? Or They are just making a few more than they should ?

Because those or two different issues. If your talking my career that is different.

Right now let's focus, if you care to, on simply user vs AI superstar sim, No defensive assist, manual shot contest. Or the closest we can get to that.

If your playing on HOF .... You don't belong in this conversation. Non focused feedback isn't all that helpful when considering adjustments.

If your saying every contested shot if falling we def need to see some video.

Could you make a video with defensive tips? I have alrease had a hard time playing d in NBA 2k games. I just have a hard time staying infornt of guys and giving up 60 or more PIP in just about ever game gets really old. I do fill like the CPU makes a few to many shoots and that is even on pro simulation.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #71
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I have a slight problem as well. Percentages are a little high. I play All Star/Sim. I do definitely find some shots going in that I don't think should, but not enough to hamper my experience.

I do think the CPU's shot selection is a little bit questionable at times. Feels like bad shots go in a little too often, also from the wrong players. Again not enough for me to not enjoy this brilliant game, but again I've noticed.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

To be honest I really think this year they want you to be right up on the shooters. When I first started playing this game I got really frustrated with contested jump shots going in. Until I started predicting what the CPU shot selection would be. If you jump right before they shoot they will miss the shot.

Momentum plays a big factor as well... Bad players will also
Start making bad shots of the team is on a run...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »