Home

Observations (sliders, fouls, player edits and tendencies)

This is a discussion on Observations (sliders, fouls, player edits and tendencies) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Observations (sliders, fouls, player edits and tendencies)

I decided to see if I could figure a few things out. I edited the newest 2K official roster and changed every player for the Warriors and Thunder so that their draw foul, commit foul and tendency to foul hard were completely maxed. Playing the game on pro with a sim base slider set (maxed sliders for every foul) didn't go well. Sadly the result was no different than had I not done any edits. Meaning it's hard coded and it'll have to be patched. This sucks. I do not want it to be left up to 2K. I want player edits to matter. I saw many if not 10 or more calls that were ignored. Both teams. Guys going up and getting hammered to the ground and no call at all. Also I'd say about 75% of those shots were made by the cpu meaning their ability to hit contested shots is definitely looking pretty suspicious.

I also tweaked sliders for a few games so that the cpu (same slider base) took some 3 point shots and didn't drive. They still drove all the time and only took 16 3 point shots as the Thunder. They got 72 points in the paint. This was an overtime game where they took 111 shots in total and only took 7 free throws. Those numbers are way off.

I'm almost inclined to believe some sliders have the opposite effect much like in the player edits last year how pick and roll tendency was reversed.

Some other things I noticed were that no matter how I adjust sliders the cpu shoots a very high percentage primarily because they either shoot contested shots like nobody ever could, and also that they shoot a lot of really good looks because defense is kinda lacking. Personally I find it near impossible to stay on my guy, so I play off ball and the second the man I am guarding moves, he's wiiiiide open cutting to open space or the basket. I try to get to him but my initial movement as a defender is like I am in quicksand and the player I am guarding just bolts to his desired spot. The result is usually a pretty wide open shot/lay in. Help defense (help strength and defensive awareness sliders both at 100) is either too slow getting there, or when they do they try to draw charges and kind of slide out of the way. Meanwhile I see cpu defenders cover 12 feet to help before my guy actually moves one inch to my desired location. That isn't every play however, but often enough.

I hope to try and figure out some slider effects this evening, but after the past few hours I am a little disappointed and not sure where to start from here. Hopefully some of you fine fellows will have some slider findings to help the game play a bit smoother. Any input or suggestions are welcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »