Home

My Career: You dont earn ANY vc when u simulate??

This is a discussion on My Career: You dont earn ANY vc when u simulate?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: My Career: You dont earn ANY vc when u simulate??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
lol you know how many people would abuse that? Someone would just sim get the VC then use the VC on MyTeam or something lol
That is why you lock VC in my player to just that my player character.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #18
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
That is why you lock VC in my player to just that my player character.
Then what would be the point of My Player? Instead of locking VC to the player, how about they lock that My Player to offline only? Problem solved.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #19
Pro

Off topic-ish: I still can't believe people give in to microtransactions.

The day we stop, they will have to, too.

I bet there are people out there who dish out $60 and spend another $60 on VC lol

Listen, I have the money for it but I'm not stupid enough to fall for this trap. The game lasts one season until next year's comes out, on top of that, you can't carry VC over. Yup, that precious VC you earned or (lol) paid for is worthless next year.

Why drop cash on vc? To rank up a FAKE FANTASY player you already paid $60 for? For what? Bragging rights in mypark (lmao)? A better MyCareer (earn it like the rest of us do, stop trying to be 99 ovr your rookie year) ? I just don't see the logic behind it when you can earn it multiple ways.. They even have a 2k app for that. The reason it pisses me off is because by people buying it, 2k and other gaming companies will think it's OK to charge microtransactions because people are too lazy to grind and earn their "level".

Topic: As for earning VC while you simulate, come on now. You think they would let you get free VC for simulating when they are charging for it (and people are buying it lol)

I'm the type that buys DLC, something you can play and keep (usually) but not when it's in game currency that you spend once and it's gone.

I feel the same way about car packs in video games. Why not charge for extra tracks or maps? No, they want to charge people 9.99 for 10 digital cars you can only drive in the default tracks. And people actually dish out extra hundreds to "buy" them lol. Same goes for Cod when they charge for skins and guns..

Last edited by Rell7thirty; 10-13-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #20
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Uh, to the abuse guys, it could be abused if you never made the playoffs, but alas you actually have to play playoff games. So those MyTeam abusers would manage one season maybe two if lucky and then they'd have to play games to move on. Oh and there are cutscenes still if you sim, so they might as well abuse MyGM instead, it's faster.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #21
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Off topic-ish: I still can't believe people give in to microtransactions.

The day we stop, they will have to, too.

I bet there are people out there who dish out $60 and spend another $60 on VC lol

Listen, I have the money for it but I'm not stupid enough to fall for this trap. The game lasts one season until next year's comes out, on top of that, you can't carry VC over. Yup, that precious VC you earned or (lol) paid for is worthless next year.

Why drop cash on vc? To rank up a FAKE FANTASY player you already paid $60 for? For what? Bragging rights in mypark (lmao)? A better MyCareer (earn it like the rest of us do, stop trying to be 99 ovr your rookie year) ? I just don't see the logic behind it when you can earn it multiple ways.. They even have a 2k app for that. The reason it pisses me off is because by people buying it, 2k and other gaming companies will think it's OK to charge microtransactions because people are too lazy to grind and earn their "level".

Topic: As for earning VC while you simulate, come on now. You think they would let you get free VC for simulating when they are charging for it (and people are buying it lol)

I'm the type that buys DLC, something you can play and keep (usually) but not when it's in game currency that you spend once and it's gone.

I feel the same way about car packs in video games. Why not charge for extra tracks or maps? No, they want to charge people 9.99 for 10 digital cars you can only drive in the default tracks. And people actually dish out extra hundreds to "buy" them lol. Same goes for Cod when they charge for skins and guns..
It's their money, and some people like to pay for the convenience of not having to work hard. Isn't it "lazy" to buy a burger from Burger King when you can kill a cow and do it yourself?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It's their money, and some people like to pay for the convenience of not having to work hard. Isn't it "lazy" to buy a burger from Burger King when you can kill a cow and do it yourself?
How does that analogy even apply to this? If that's the case why don't I go out and make a game, too? Wtf?

yes, it's their money but their decision to buy IN GAME MONEY (that's what it is) for "convenience" (really for an advantage) is effecting everyone. It keeps microtransactions alive. Microtransactions in a game we paid full price for, btw. It's like paying monthly to play a game (WoW) I just don't understand it.

If you don't have time to level your player up at the same speed as someone who does have time, that sucks. So I guess the solution is to spend money from the time you put in at work, on a game you already bought, to catch up on the time you missed. Lol so you're working just to pay for VC.

To each his own, but I will never comprehend this. Some people can't deal with not winning, I guess. They need a rookie of the year and mvp their first season. Ah, doesn't it feel good getting a fake mvp award you basically paid for?

Like I said, I have the money to buy VC, I'm just not going to. The same way those people who want the advantage or "convenience" will buy it, it's my choice not to. And I will always keep this opinion and share it publicly until people realize you're only enabling these game companies. Games already cost $60 and 90% aren't even worth it in terms of gameplay hours for your buck.

I won't spend a dime on VC. Neither should you, unless you got the game for free. Then, that could justify you spending some money on the game. But if you paid $60 (plus tax here) there's no reason you should have to spend more in order to enjoy it the way you want to.

Reminds me of them "free" games in the App Store with "in-app purchases". Lol

I'm averaging 25 ppg my rookie year with a 75 ovr, just by earning VC. Playing on SS sim, and on the Pistons. Why would anyone want to be rated 99 their rookie year and drop 50 ppg? What happens the next season? How do you improve? Let me guess, you create another player and dish out $100 for VC.

It's their money, but their choice to buy VC effects us all because they will keep microtransactions and eventually make it harder and harder to earn regularly.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #23
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
How does that analogy even apply to this? If that's the case why don't I go out and make a game, too? Wtf?

yes, it's their money but their decision to buy IN GAME MONEY (that's what it is) for "convenience" (really for an advantage) is effecting everyone. It keeps microtransactions alive. Microtransactions in a game we paid full price for, btw. It's like paying monthly to play a game (WoW) I just don't understand it.

If you don't have time to level your player up at the same speed as someone who does have time, that sucks. So I guess the solution is to spend money from the time you put in at work, on a game you already bought, to catch up on the time you missed. Lol so you're working just to pay for VC.

To each his own, but I will never comprehend this. Some people can't deal with not winning, I guess. They need a rookie of the year and mvp their first season. Ah, doesn't it feel good getting a fake mvp award you basically paid for?

Like I said, I have the money to buy VC, I'm just not going to. The same way those people who want the advantage or "convenience" will buy it, it's my choice not to. And I will always keep this opinion and share it publicly until people realize you're only enabling these game companies. Games already cost $60 and 90% aren't even worth it in terms of gameplay hours for your buck.

I won't spend a dime on VC. Neither should you, unless you got the game for free. Then, that could justify you spending some money on the game. But if you paid $60 (plus tax here) there's no reason you should have to spend more in order to enjoy it the way you want to.

Reminds me of them "free" games in the App Store with "in-app purchases". Lol

I'm averaging 25 ppg my rookie year with a 75 ovr, just by earning VC. Playing on SS sim, and on the Pistons. Why would anyone want to be rated 99 their rookie year and drop 50 ppg? What happens the next season? How do you improve? Let me guess, you create another player and dish out $100 for VC.

It's their money, but their choice to buy VC effects us all because they will keep microtransactions and eventually make it harder and harder to earn regularly.
I'm with you 100% but the sad thing is these little spoiled kids get their moms and dads to give em money to make em "happy". They don't even touch my career, they max their player and go straight to the park and act like they're good.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #24
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Oh look a VC thread...(runs for cover)

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »