Home

Layups in this game are brutal...

This is a discussion on Layups in this game are brutal... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2014, 04:53 AM   #57
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Layups in this game are brutal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLER_79
Damn yall still discussing this ?? ..its a matter of sliders man ..im.talking user vs cpu
its a matter of close shot succes and inside shot success ..I had this problem against superstar sim cpu ...I made some sliders and problem is mainly solved ..I think im posting my sliders soon cuz these play just hilariously realistic ..gameplay wise and stat wise ..user vs user i dunno ...but the game out of the box ia a hot mess if u ask me ..not user friendly cpu be cheating perios
I'm not calling you a liar but I personally find it impossible to get both "game play wise (in terms of not missing easy lay ups) and realistic stats. I have 2 options as I have found.
1. Inside sliders up so I dont miss easy lay ups but then to get realistic shooting percentages I have to lower mid and 3pt shooting sliders which causes what I like to call points in the paint parties. Not at all realistic PIP stats.
2. Lower inside and layup sliders which results in unrealistic lay up misses which is what's being discussed. Average mid and 3pt sliders for realistic shooting percentages. Again results are missed easy layups so not realistic.
I'm glad your not having problems getting realism but a lot of us are.

As a side note though. Every sports game I play I'm constantly chasing realistic stats. (I blame this site I never used to care lol) Slider tweak. Slider tweak. Ugh slider tweak. Nba2k15 finally made me realize that obviously it would be nice to always achieve realistic stats but I've wasted to much time chasing that when I should just be having fun.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #58
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0

As far as stats I meant all the stats add up I see no bizar peeks or lows
the only thing I see is that I average 77 point and 73 points allowed while the rest of the leagur Is below mines on both accounts ..I play 8 minutes ss custom and for sim I have it on 9 I mighy wanna bump it to 10 for sim but then im afraid the cpu will be higher in almos everything like rebounds blocks steals and a big differencial in the league leader column ...im dazzled by this its the only thing that bugs me the rest is legit 3 pt percentages turnover ratio are all legit and dont stray abnormally from each other (depending on the team playstyle . I keep that in consideration) ..any body any tips on how to normalize the stats In my league ? So 8 &9 would be a good basis ? Or 8 and 10 for sim .? Please 2k vets holler backkk
Old 12-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #59
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmetz2020
I don't know about anyone else here, but the amount of easy layups that are missed in this game is disturbing. If any of you watch Chris Smoove's videos on youtube, you can see for yourself the ridiculously easy layup attempts that these NBA players miss. I don't think it has anything to do with the ratings either. If your player has a driving layup rating in the 70's, he shouldn't be missing layups when there isn't a defender in front of him. I was just playing a game where Cody Zeller missed a layup 6 inches from the basket with his defender behind him... Something isn't right here.
2K puts sliders in the game for things just like this. Just raise the layup success slider to your liking.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:31 AM   #60
Rookie

Layups are actually fine.. the problem is the magnetic defense that sucks in the offensive player and forces a miss. 2K should not make layups easier tho, it's bad enough I'm facing Damion Lillard in the paint making contested layups on 3 guys.

''I'm Just laughin To the Bank All you do is ''Giggle''
Old 12-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

"Change the sliders"

Say people who don't play online ranked, myplayer (park/rec/stage), myteam, ect.

Do people saying change the sliders not realize 50%+ of the game is in a setting that you can't change the sliders on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 34

Honestly, as ive gotten more used to the game, its becoming less of a problem.

I still believe it happens too frequently..in an effort to discourage paint spammers... but Ive become super conscious to how im angling the RS in traffic..Im getting makes and some contact fouls, where I was getting frustrated by misses, before.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #63
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

It's user error. I play HOF and I know where my errors lie.

I've figured out why I was initially missing so many contact and open driving layups and it had to do with where I was releasing the stick and my controller settings. On driving layups I release after 2 steps and point the stick in the direction where the defender isn't and I make a high percentage of layups now. Also since I play on broadcast angle I changed my stick to absolute so I know up means toward the basket etc.

I still haven't figured out the release point on standing layups though. If anyone can help me with that I would be very grateful.

EDIT: Actually I think I got the Standing Layup. I was pushing shot stick towards the basket and missing everything. Now for putbacks I'm pushing shotstick back away from the basket and making a MUCH higher percentage of Standing layups and putbacks.

Last edited by dwayne12345; 12-08-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345

EDIT: Actually I think I got the Standing Layup. I was pushing shot stick towards the basket and missing everything. Now for putbacks I'm pushing shotstick back away from the basket and making a MUCH higher percentage of Standing layups and putbacks.
Best tip ever, I'm making more standing layups & put backs doing this also. Good to see my center go 6-10 than 1-10 in the paint now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »