Home

NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakobe81
Awesome review z, don't let any pressure from this forum change the way you look at reviews. Yes, I think we all get to wrapped up in scores ....especially when they don't match your own feelings on a game. When dealing with subjective analysis as long as you can clearly explain why you scored the game the rating you gave you are golden in my book. I played a whole lot of 2K14, felt it was the best sports game on the PS4. Was extremely frustrated by the servers and the VC last year ... so I was not hyped for this game, until face scan was announced. Your review has helped me stay patient and not purchase the game until the bugs are worked out. As you stated in your replies that is part of a reviewer to help people weigh their purchasing decisions. I mostly game offline but still want a game that works. I will wait until holiday sales before I buy, thanks!
Thanks! I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
(I'm stealing this joke from somewhere. I don't know who to credit. Sorry.)

NBA Live taking shots at 2K for having problems would be like Lindsay Lohan seeing Taylor Swift have a drink at a party and going, "See!?! I'm not the only one who's messed up!!!"
Old 10-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #34
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

As basketball fans, we are grateful for the competition...no matter how lopsided it may be. Once upon a time, 2k was the underdog. Now they are the behemoth empire that has stretched itself to far in its empire building. All these online dependent game modes when servers have always been their achilles heel. Again, I cannot stress how happy I am that reviewers are no longer rushing out reviews and taking their time to experience the horrors that the commoners experience when they dont get handed pre release copies like reviewers; who have had no means of stress testing their online servers when all is peachy pre-release.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 10-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #35
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
(I'm stealing this joke from somewhere. I don't know who to credit. Sorry.)

NBA Live taking shots at 2K for having problems would be like Lindsay Lohan seeing Taylor Swift have a drink at a party and going, "See!?! I'm not the only one who's messed up!!!"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
If I were 2k: "Our gameplay will ensure an actual basketball experience all season long rather than... well whatever you want to call that other poor attempt."
Old 10-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
As basketball fans, we are grateful for the competition...no matter how lopsided it may be. Once upon a time, 2k was the underdog. Now they are the behemoth empire that has stretched itself to far in its empire building. All these online dependent game modes when servers have always been their achilles heel. Again, I cannot stress how happy I am that reviewers are no longer rushing out reviews and taking their time to experience the horrors that the commoners experience when they dont get handed pre release copies like reviewers; who have had no means of stress testing their online servers when all is peachy pre-release.
I never understood where 2k's confidence came from to even attempt this. Their servers have always sucked.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #38
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Hoping that these servers are fixed by Christmas. That's likely when I'm getting this game. Starting to regret putting the PS4 in layaway. This game was the main reason I wanted a PS4.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0
7 is spot on, great review explaining the highs and lows of 2K15. I have the game for X1 and seriously considering trading it in. Still have not teceivd my KD throw back card, so preorder DLC was also a flub.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

As someone who does not own NBA 2K15, I found this review very informative, helpful and thorough. Well done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »