Home

Missing wide open shots

This is a discussion on Missing wide open shots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Missing wide open shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyProdigy
Took me awhile to master the shot meter, now I am playing fairly well. Shot 7/8 from three with Deron Williams on All Star/Sim. Playing a few more games and bumping to Superstar.
The problems lie with HOF not lower difficulties.

Anyone preaching(not saying you are) that they mastered it or that other people need to because they hit shots on Pro need to chill. It's HOF that needs patching.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

This has been the case since 2k9, the series no longer favors spot-up shooting. Instead, they went for flash over substance, similar to how Madden used to make their games. It's all about creating highlights now. I've found if you do some sort of fancy move prior to shooting, you actually have a better chance of it going in.

This is why so many people are complaining about contested shots going in too frequently as well, it stems from the same philosophy of 2k trying to cater to the casuals and create better highlight basketball.

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 10-15-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #35
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
I have never missed so many wide open shots in a 2k game before. I play on HOF. Usally i get a lot of perfect releases when i play so i able to hit open shots but this year its not possible. Its basically up to if 2k wants u to make the shot or not. I am literally missing wide opens shots 90% of the time on slight late or slight early with really good shooters. anyone else?
Some shot releases in this game don't go in with a near perfect release. People are speculating why this happens. Most think it is animation based. There is ample proof online that some releases are not only objectively easier to get Perfect, but they also go in more when they aren't perfect.

Having played with the Knicks, I think they have a bunch of good shooters with tricky releases, because I shot a very low percentage with spot up, wide open jumpers with very good shooters. On the flip, I shot a very good percentage on so-so releases with other players. Almost to the point where I could say that winning with the Knicks is easier if you shoot on the move.

Problem is, there are a LOT of shot releases in this game, so tuning them all might be a real issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Some shot releases in this game don't go in with a near perfect release. People are speculating why this happens. Most think it is animation based. There is ample proof online that some releases are not only objectively easier to get Perfect, but they also go in more when they aren't perfect.

Having played with the Knicks, I think they have a bunch of good shooters with tricky releases, because I shot a very low percentage with spot up, wide open jumpers with very good shooters. On the flip, I shot a very good percentage on so-so releases with other players. Almost to the point where I could say that winning with the Knicks is easier if you shoot on the move.

Problem is, there are a LOT of shot releases in this game, so tuning them all might be a real issue.
I play with the Knicks too. I might have to turn off that shot feedback. I'm missing wide open shots regularly with near perfect releases.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

I wish there was a way to tag Mike (Beluba) in this post to see what his thinks. Users are not being rewarded for getting open shots with ball movement. Instead it is just left to a random percentage if u dont hit the green which of course is impossible. TOO many missed wide open shots on near perfect releases.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also pointing out that even the best shooters miss 60% of their 3s is not relevant here. Korver may shoot 40% on ALL 3s but his percentage definitely goes WAY up if he's wide open, has his feet set and didn't dribble. I feel like the game doesn't really take that into account. Guys in the NBA make open shots. Completely kills my offensive flow when I can't shoot better than 29% from 3 when all my shots are wide open.

Also has anyone noticed that the shot meter area goes DOWN when you shoot from the corner? Instead of being more forgiving since the corner is the highest percentage shot in the NBA - it seems to punish you? Is it just me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »