Home

Missing wide open shots

This is a discussion on Missing wide open shots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 02:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Missing wide open shots

I have never missed so many wide open shots in a 2k game before. I play on HOF. Usally i get a lot of perfect releases when i play so i able to hit open shots but this year its not possible. Its basically up to if 2k wants u to make the shot or not. I am literally missing wide opens shots 90% of the time on slight late or slight early with really good shooters. anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Missing wide open shots

I would have to agree. I've been playing 2k since Dreamcast, and have a pretty good handle on how to shoot with every player. However, this year I feel I don't really dictate the outcome of shots. I'm missing wide open nearly perfect releases, but making contested shots released very early. What's crazy is these shots are normally being taken by Superstars as I'm trying to get them in a rhythm. I don't mind the shots being missed every once in a while as NBA players do miss open jumpers, but goodness when you get 3 clean looks with a superstar (with nearly perfect releases) and they just keep bricking.. this can become quite frustrating.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:21 AM   #3
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

I can't hit a thing with K.Thompson and B.Beal. It is like the shot meter is bugged
Old 10-14-2014, 04:33 AM   #4
MVP

Number999's Arena

I struggled with this early on, I really feel like you have to master each players shot individually. For example, Josh McRoberts has a very quick release in comparison to a guy like Luol Deng, whenever he's out in 3point land you gotta remember that or it'll mess up. It's rewarding when you do make the shots which is nice, after about nearly a week now I say I make around 80% of my open shots.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

the best shooters miss a majority of their attempts...

I do think some shots have an unnaturally long release (ex: Korver) which cause some misses. For those on HOF, u must remember its just a challenge setting thats boost the cpu considerably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
I can't hit a thing with K.Thompson and B.Beal. It is like the shot meter is bugged
Strangely I have no real problems with wide open shots this year. They shouldn't go in a vast majority of the time (just take a look at actual NBA stats on uncontested shots) and I end up with pretty accurate percentages with Curry and Thompson. Curry is also way better to use than last year.

Also, just because the meter is close to the center is no guarantee its a make (nor would I want it to be, as that's way too easily cheesed). The only guarantee is the perfect green release.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've had a lot of trouble shooting also. I never get a perfect release and have been practicing non stop with my Twolves in practice mode. The League I'm in we have hardly been scoring over 70 points and that is on 8 minute quarters HOF Simulation.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
Rookie

Sliceslice's Arena

I've resorted to layups and dunks until I get over 80 ratings in jumpshooting.
My current jumpshot ratings are 79 which in previous games I could knock down threes often. Half the time my footwork at the 3pt line is just irritating too, if I stand behind the arc when i shoot my feet end up on it or infront of the line, thus negating the whole point of taking a 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »