Home

NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
i figured it out. u just gotta stick with one team. use that team in your my career to understand your teams playbook. and stop tryna cheese. all the cheeses ppl do don't work. so the ppl that actually play the game properly will see a better result.

Yea I use the Blazers online and I'm 31 and 16. I actually play to their strengths with the pick and roll. I also play decent defense. So I can get enough stops to build a lead. I kid you not I recently went on a 5 game win streak where all wins were by double digits.

I also use the defensive assignment options and gap players who I want to shoot. For some reason every person I've played wants to smother Damien so I just blow by them for the pull up jumper.

This game is really fun. Defense is actually fun. The fast break is awesome this year. They actually improve the speed of the bounce pass on the fast break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 12:34 AM   #26
Rookie

Someone mentioned before it was a joke. That my friend, is an understatement. It feels like straight up ice skating. Defense is nonexistant and the overall feel is horrible. There is also a lot of blooper **** going on online. Things that wouldn't occur too often in real life a frequent in nba2k15. The rebounding needs adjustment ASAP. I was hoping that we woudn't need a patch, but the rebounding has to be addressed. I've played many games against the AI and several online. With all due respect, I don't think 2k works on improving gameplay inbetween installations. I think its 90% towards presentation, 10 toward gameplay, and 0% toward servers and online modes.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:12 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonioshellz
Yea I use the Blazers online and I'm 31 and 16. I actually play to their strengths with the pick and roll. I also play decent defense. So I can get enough stops to build a lead. I kid you not I recently went on a 5 game win streak where all wins were by double digits.

I also use the defensive assignment options and gap players who I want to shoot. For some reason every person I've played wants to smother Damien so I just blow by them for the pull up jumper.

This game is really fun. Defense is actually fun. The fast break is awesome this year. They actually improve the speed of the bounce pass on the fast break.
I'm waiting for a patch before I play more games online. I've only used the raptors so far. I think defence needs as much attention 2k gives to offence. Defence Is improved but I want more depth.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #28
Rookie

But damn my mypark rep keeps resetting
Old 10-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #29
Rookie

mvasic's Arena

Are this people serious?

@Matthew Coe, how do you make your teammates help you box out? Most of my teammates don't go for the rebound.

Why do CPU centers and power forwards make every contested fadeway shot, and my players can't score from under the basket, even if CPU player are just present (not contesting).
Old 10-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have only been playing against my friends, but I have noticed that three point shooting seems too easy. You can absolutely ravage any team with the Warriors or Trailblazers because of the three point shooters on those teams. I'll use the Blazers and score like 4 points combined with Aldridge and Robinson, but Lillard, Matthews and Batum will have 20 each with like 5 threes.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:03 AM   #31
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)

I used to dominate cpu using superstars but in 2k15, I noticed how the cpu adjusts whenever my star player is starting to get hot...Im forced to play a more team oriented style which is awesome..i use the lakers in myleague and wesley johnson is having all star stats because i can't just rely too much on kobe anymore...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »