Home

MyCareer needs a MAJOR patchjob.

This is a discussion on MyCareer needs a MAJOR patchjob. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer needs a MAJOR patchjob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
This.

Thing is, I'm not the type of player that likes to hold the ball 95% of time (SG). I like to play off-screen, follow plays, etc. If they can fix the this issue in MyCareer, I'd be happy.
Agreed. HOF Sim makes them miss a bit more but the rebounds they gobble up is just ridiculous. And im a dude who never complained about last year's HOF. Howard loses rebounds to PGs and unless you play perfect, you don't stand a chance. I shot 60% by the grace of God which never happens and was super efficient with orcestrating my offense the first 3 quarters. As soon as I made one mistake, they got ridiculous momentum and gained a 14 point lead. Notifications of "good defense" while the CPU shot clock cheesed and hit 90% of the contested shots. There is no reason why the FG% is in the 60s on Simulation while we lost by 12 with a fg% of 55%.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #10
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

I wouldn't say it's broken, but there is room for improvement. I'd say mainly in teammate AI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #11
Pro

V
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I wouldn't say it's broken, but there is room for improvement. I'd say mainly in teammate AI.

Teammate AI is definitely needed but there definitely needs to be improvements done to HOF mode this year. We all know the CPU changes that need to be made, but controlled player needs massive tuning.

There needs to be the ability to always get a perfect release if mastered and not contested. Success rate of B to B+ shots need to be increased and fadeaway threes needs to be reduced.

Also, there are bugs with certain releases never being able to get perfect releases. I'd be totally happy if they brought back last year's mechanics. There is no reason you should be getting notified you were slightly late or slightly early when it is not true.

However, I would settle for simply increasing B shot probability with A+ being a bonus.

Last edited by Crookid; 10-15-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Everybody should play against Cleveland lol
Old 10-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #13
Rookie

Sliceslice's Arena

I'm the 2 guard on the Thunder with KD and Westbrick on the team. Whenever I am on the floor they struggle badly, but when I get subbed out they go off. Its irritating as hell. Worse when I pass to a wide open KD who proceeds to dribble pull up right into the defender he was open from, he does tend to make those at a high % but still, its annoying. Westbrick is just as bad too. If he doesnt dribble pull up mid range, hes just bricking his wide open shots regardless. Plus I still cant hit jumpshots if my life depended on it.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #14
Rookie

StickSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliceslice
I'm the 2 guard on the Thunder with KD and Westbrick on the team. Whenever I am on the floor they struggle badly, but when I get subbed out they go off. Its irritating as hell. Worse when I pass to a wide open KD who proceeds to dribble pull up right into the defender he was open from, he does tend to make those at a high % but still, its annoying. Westbrick is just as bad too. If he doesnt dribble pull up mid range, hes just bricking his wide open shots regardless. Plus I still cant hit jumpshots if my life depended on it.

This the players play so much better when I'm not on the court. My first year when I first got on the team I think we went like 6-4 or 7-3, now that I'm starting & play 28+ minutes. We're currently on a 9 game losing streak losing by 10 or getting blown out.

Besides the gameplay though I am enjoying it.. But I will elaborate on my issues with the gameplay in MyPlayer.

And just to clear some things I'm a 6'3 PG for the Rockets. 71 OVR. Before I became a starter obviously the things I will be talking about was not an issue but since I have became a starter pretty much every C & PF for the CPU team have out played my C & PF. I say that because we are on a 9 game losing streak because of how much bs the CPU makes and how much my team misses

1. Do the guys that work on CPU AI, mainly offense, in other modes not implement the changes to MyPlayer? Each teams offense is the same. No matter what CPU player it is they can do all dribble moves (spins, crossovers), post moves etc. This also applies a little for my AI teammates mainly post men. Dwight Howard will shoot plenty of jumpshots & turn around jumpers while posted up and Terrance Jones doesn't stand a chance against any of his CPU matchups

2. The CPU is beyond cheesy. They make 98% of the shots they take in the paint, while my MyPlayer and CPU teammates miss at least 90-95% of them. Had a play last game where Dwight was fronting Vucevic (Magics Center) and because of how cheesy the CPU is the ball goes through his forearm straight to Vucevic for an easy score. Another example Dwight gets the ball and has an easy dunk/layup with Enes Kanter (Jazz Center) behind him. Of course Dwight missed the shot.

3. The AI constantly gets bailed out. Whether it be on a contested jump shot or during those rare moments the CPU does miss a shot in the paint they will get the foul call. And even in those rare cases the CPU gets the offensive rebound alot of those times

My main complaint is post play and the amount of shots & bs they allow the post men for the CPU to get away with.This mode has so much potential but I'm almost to the point where the frustrations and bs is getting to be too much.

2014 season
(10-6) NFC EAST CHAMPS

2015 season
(1-1)

Old 10-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliceslice
Westbrick lol that's for sure.

It sucks because the game can be really good. Teams really play how they do IRL. Spurs run plays like mad and pass the ball. The Thunder has Westbrook always trying to drive first etc...

But it's just like you say. B to B+ jump shots have like a 20% chance of going in which is ridiculous (even shooting in the gym) and you can't always get a perfect release. Another thing I'm coming across now is ill take a wide open jump shot (which sometimes takes too long to get set) and it will say "bad shot selection" and acts as if I'm contested. I recorded this actually and it's utterly ridiculously weird. B shots need to be buffed, contested CPU, rebounds, put backs and block/steal recovery needs to be tuned and there needs to be the possibility of getting a perfect release in wide open situations.

Like I said before, I think 2K overestimated people's ability to get a perfect release. it's still difficult and with a wide open shot or shot where dead eye or shot creator can help you, should have the ability to perfect release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkillz
This the players play so much better when I'm not on the court. My first year when I first got on the team I think we went like 6-4 or 7-3, now that I'm starting & play 28+ minutes. We're currently on a 9 game losing streak losing by 10 or getting blown out.

Besides the gameplay though I am enjoying it.. But I will elaborate on my issues with the gameplay in MyPlayer.

And just to clear some things I'm a 6'3 PG for the Rockets. 71 OVR. Before I became a starter obviously the things I will be talking about was not an issue but since I have became a starter pretty much every C & PF for the CPU team have out played my C & PF. I say that because we are on a 9 game losing streak because of how much bs the CPU makes and how much my team misses

1. Do the guys that work on CPU AI, mainly offense, in other modes not implement the changes to MyPlayer? Each teams offense is the same. No matter what CPU player it is they can do all dribble moves (spins, crossovers), post moves etc. This also applies a little for my AI teammates mainly post men. Dwight Howard will shoot plenty of jumpshots & turn around jumpers while posted up and Terrance Jones doesn't stand a chance against any of his CPU matchups

2. The CPU is beyond cheesy. They make 98% of the shots they take in the paint, while my MyPlayer and CPU teammates miss at least 90-95% of them. Had a play last game where Dwight was fronting Vucevic (Magics Center) and because of how cheesy the CPU is the ball goes through his forearm straight to Vucevic for an easy score. Another example Dwight gets the ball and has an easy dunk/layup with Enes Kanter (Jazz Center) behind him. Of course Dwight missed the shot.

3. The AI constantly gets bailed out. Whether it be on a contested jump shot or during those rare moments the CPU does miss a shot in the paint they will get the foul call. And even in those rare cases the CPU gets the offensive rebound alot of those times

My main complaint is post play and the amount of shots & bs they allow the post men for the CPU to get away with.This mode has so much potential but I'm almost to the point where the frustrations and bs is getting to be too much.

What you mentioned about dunks is another big one for me. I had Dwight miss half of his wife own dunks. It's like wth. Meanwhile the CPU will dunk on a fastbreak and body any defender trying to jump and block it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »