Home

NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #25
Rookie

psyberkayos's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
The depth of NBA2K15 is amazing. If you're an offline player, 2K really blew your expectations away with this game. And all theses things weren't even advertised that much. I have been playing for almost 10 days and I have only tryed like 25% of the whole game.

When you see the other games wich have been developped for years and you realise that you will need to buy 2 or 3 DLC to get the full experience, you realise how deep out of the box Nba 2K is.
Except if you're still on PS3..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature

Just tried this feature.

I jumped into the game in the 4th Quarter and it showed player of the game (12 Minute Quarters)

I might try jumping in right after halftime and see if it still shows highlights and player of the game. If so, this will be my new plan for MyLeague.

EDIT: I just jumped in the game at the beginning of the 3rd Quarter. Highlights were at the end of the game, of course they were only highlights from the 2nd half, but I really enjoy them so I will be doing this from now on.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 10-15-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #27
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
I think ultimately the problem with this feature will be VC integration. The way I see it 2k can do the following things:

1) Give VC if you play any portion of the game (even if very small).
2) Give no VC unless you play the whole game.
3) Give VC if you play a select amount of the game (perhaps one half or one quarter).

Each of these has bad game play implications.

1) If VC is awarded regardless of the amount played (more than 0 minutes) gamers will farm VC this way and it will cascade into ruining balance in MyCareer/MyPark.
2) If VC is not awarded unless the entire game is played, players that rely on simcast to enjoy MyGM cannot advance in the RPG game mode.
3) if VC is not awarded unless a select amount of the game is played it really defeats most of the upside to simcast.

My answer: eliminate VC altogether in MyGM. Create a separate currency (GMC?). Allow GMC to be earned even if the whole game is simcast. Done.
There's a new progression system that doesn't rely on VC. We have XP which is earned through simulated games, played games and awards. You earn XP just fine using SimCast, you earn XP by just simulating the game too. VC can only be earned by fully playing the game, but VC can only be used to buy persuasive pitches and to level up faster.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #28
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
I could never understand why they didn't have this in the game.
When they announced this was in my hype for the game went from about 6 to 9.
I have a chance to get through multiple seasons while having an impact on games with stats similar to real life, meaning that the draft will be worthwhile and just more of a reason to get deeper into the game.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #29
Rookie

I'll definitely check it out, but right now I'm enjoying playing every minute. This will come in handy when trying to rebuild teams, and getting the rough years over quicker lol.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:41 AM   #30
Banned

Great feature but needs to be implemented during user vs. cpu games. Where the user can start a game maybe play a quarter or two then sim to the forth quarter.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Great feature but needs to be implemented during user vs. cpu games. Where the user can start a game maybe play a quarter or two then sim to the forth quarter.
Mr.Smif, I don't know what you are talking about, but it is implemented during user vs cpu games. I don't know if you can go back and fourth, but you can do it against the cpu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 07:46 AM   #32
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5
Now only of they allowed you to spectate MyGm mode. This has been something I have been missing severely in MyGm and Maddens CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »