Home

I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

This is a discussion on I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #57
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGO head ray
So you are saying their is nothing wrong with the CPU putback tendency off of offensive rebounds? Your saying that AI teammates are using solid basketball fundamentals by boxing out rather than having me babysit them under the basket?

Yes, the putback tendency is too much. Certainly not a game breaker as people make it out to be. AI teammates box out just fine for me. They just lose the battles sometimes. Lower the difficulty to remove the attribute penalty they take. Better yet, lower the slider to adjust just that part, and you're styling.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-16-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
And btw I completely agree that now they have the right people working at 2K the only thing stopping them from delivering a true simulation might be us.

Sad.
This is one of the truest statements made on forum along with the OP. I've been playing 2k since 99' and I've ALWAYS played on highest level because I know the game of basketball so I never had a problem

2k15 I started on SS bcuz that's what Czar suggested and I have yet to go to HOF bcuz SS is TOUGH and that's perfect for me. I've lost way more than I won but when I win it feels like I worked hard for win and it's satisfying. I hit a big shot at home last night to seal a win and I jumped up screaming like I was watching a real game (woke my kids up smh)

I read a thread on here when someone was trying to help another play defense by suggesting that they spend time in gameplan and set individual matchup settings and they said it's too tedious and time consuming....... that's part if the problem, can't just pick up sticks and play expecting to win without a gameplan
Old 10-16-2014, 09:49 AM   #59
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
The general assumption you are making is that I am not using all the tools; I am. No tool in the world is going to help prevent shot clock cheese when curry is hitting turn around threes in my face. Or when there is a lose ball how all my AI teammates seem lost as to what to do. OR when I play 23 seconds of good D forcing a bad shot and david lee skies out of position to grab the board and get a easy two before I can even react. Heck there was even a time when ben maclomore came down with a rebound and the ball morphed out of his hand to draymond greens who then got a and-1. Please tell me whats the POE to prevent these things from happening?
Sliders?

They seem to work with me when it comes to CPU offensive rebounding, put backs, on ball defense and Big men skying (Vertical)

Also its a video game. Morphing is gonna happen. Unrealistic occurrences are gonna happen. Why? Because its a video game and there isnt a video game in existence that doesnt have stuff like this occur occasionally.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #60
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Born done started up a firestorm by calling out the scrubby tendencies that people have relied on for years in this series. In the words of Slim Charles from The Wire "the game's the same, just got more fierce." I see this all the time when new players join our online leagues. They have a rough adjustment transitioning from ranked games to sim leagues; at first they're in denial about their scrubby skills that lead to constant blowouts; but slowly they come to acceptance and adjust to eventually become competitive with the vets. Will OS dig deep and look within? Or will the incessant complaints lead to the devs nerfing the game? Time will tell but I'm enjoying this thread from afar as I'm exclusively an online lg player, where human skill dictates outcomes and game recognize game.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 10-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #61
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Stopped reading when the OP mentioned sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #62
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I need this hoodie ASAP Born...PM me, lol

I know the game has it's issues...(Born himself has even posted in detail about them)so let me put that out there from the beginning....

but I agree with this post to the fullest. I'm seeing guys post about issues and spending more time fighting with the guys giving suggestions then trying to implement them. It baffles me that there are more full game\quarter videos from the guys having success then the guys experiencing constant issues. We realize you've been "playing since dreamcast"...most of us have (so please stop saying this)....but sometimes you just need a look from another angle. I know I did with NBA 2k12. I still don't like it to this day, but I can definitely say I took the time to learn it. Sometimes it's like that.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Common, the game plays great on SS/Sim but it does has its faults, its not perfect. You know, like any other videogame. A bit of tuning never hurts (just a bit though, nothing major). However, I agree 100% about how the great teams play like it and the only way to stop is usually to either get lucky and score more than them or shut down their stars, which is how it should be. That's why even if I have to take tough losses sometimes I rather play at this level, it just feels so much more authentic.

Yes, I agree, it's not perfect. Nevertheless, the main point Im trying to make is it does not need to dumbed down. My main concern is that 2K will patch this game and ruin it due to the MOST of the invalid complaints.

I think it's funny that everyone around here cries SIM when the game is developing. Then when a SIM game is released no one knows how to adapt. SS/Sim on 2k15 is a great foundation for future iterations for authentic gameplay, that's all.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
So you are saying their is nothing wrong with the CPU putback tendency off of offensive rebounds? Your saying that AI teammates are using solid basketball fundamentals by boxing out rather than having me babysit them under the basket?
see my point exactly, a guy unaware of his own ignorance blaming the game.

what im saying is you dont know what that slider actually does because putback tendency is for putback dunks and tip ins. so to my knowledge that slider works perfectly. you would want to lower inside shot tendencies.

and as far as a.i teammates not boxing out, its entirely possible, but showing stats and screens would allow for a better assessment. what are your teammates rebounding and box out rating? did you have them set to front?

details work better than : "its broken"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »