Home

Rebound/outlet-pass-sequence is unrealistic

This is a discussion on Rebound/outlet-pass-sequence is unrealistic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 04:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Rebound/outlet-pass-sequence is unrealistic

Rebounding and outlet pass: I think that this sequence should get a look by the developers. After a defensive rebound of the cpu, the rebounder often throws the ball immediately to half court where a cpu-teammate is running. He often does this without looking and often jumping and turning in one motion (and of course he is hitting his teammate always in stride). I think this isn't realistic at all and is leading to a lot of fastbreak or 2 on 1 situations.

In real life a rebounder has to gather the ball, has to turn, has then to survey the situation before he passes the ball to a teammate. This takes at least one, often two seconds in real basketball. This time is crucial for the defending team to get back to defense and to pick up their opponents. In the game the outlet pass sequence is way too short and for me this is a real problem with the flow of the game.

Probably it is too short, because the court awareness of the cpu players is not restricted enough. This hampers other gameplay elements as well. For instance passing out of a double team. Court vision is a premium skill (Magic Johnson, Steve Nash). It would be great, if you could see a difference between those players and Javalee MgGee. I cannot stand, seeing him throwing a pass without looking within tenth of a secon on the money upcourt. Probably you have to implement a time frame which is expected to survey a certain situation and react to it. It should be differently long for high IQ players vs low IQ players.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »