Home

NBA 2K15 has NO regard for Fouls.

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 has NO regard for Fouls. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #33
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K15 has NO regard for Fouls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
You might be on to something here. So you're saying by lowering the driving contact tendencies you are seeing more fouls? Like the 20-30 range?

I strongly believe that fouls are tied to the new animation system this year. It's like the foul animation has to be triggered inorder for a foul to be called. And the game is probably hard coded to have only so many canned animation calls during a game.
Depending on your style of play, you still may need to raise the foul sliders to get the number of fouls you want. However, by lowering the contact sliders to zero, for me, it eliminated the instances of too many obvious no calls because most of the triggered canimations are gone. If a body hits the floor, except for those incidents when the contact is mutual just like in the real NBA, rest assured a foul is called.

I've decided to leave my foul sliders at 50 for the time being until I play enough games against different levels of defense while attacking the paint to see if poor defensive teams draw more fouls than good defensive teams.

EDIT:

I'm in the middle of a game right now. I'm playing as the Bulls against the Wizards. For my sliders, I have my offensive set to their simulation equivalents. The defensive sliders are set to their simulation equivalents except for the contact sliders, which are set at zero. The foul sliders are set at 50.

I'm almost at the end of the second quarter (12 mins), and I have already attempted 17 free throws to the Wizards 7. I'm purposely attacking the paint trying to draw fouls, and it's working. The Wizards aren't driving as much as me (because of that lockdown perimeter D I'm putting on them!!), but when they do and they catch me out of position, it's usually resulting in a foul if I come over to contest. I haven't seen any instances where I obviously fouled them and they didn't get the call. Again, this goes back to style of play. Just like in the real NBA, teams and players that aggressively attack the paint draw more fouls, which is what I think the OP is complaining about because they aren't happening for him even with the foul sliders maxed out.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 10-17-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #34
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

Alright. I'll be sure to try this out.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #35
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

I'm also playing with the injury free rosters. I prefer those to the updated rosters because I keep noticing subtle gameplay changes whenever a new roster comes out. With the injury free rosters, I'm back to enjoying the game as much as I did on release day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

I played a game the other day and shot like 34 Free throws with the Timberwolves and the CPU shot like 17 that is with the fouls on 100 for all the types of fouls.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #37
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Do you think this is a serious problem?
It's a legit concern in my book.

Always being last in the league in FT attempts could really skew things over an 80 year MyLeague. Wouldn't you agree?

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 10-17-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #38
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

I just finished up the game I referenced in my previous post.

I was playing on Superstar with modified Simulation sliders. I put the contact sliders for me and the CPU at zero. And I put all of the foul sliders at 50.

In the first half, I had 21 free throw attempts to the Wizards 7. I had 5 total team fouls to their 12. In the second half, I had 9 free throw attempts to their 10. I had 5 total team fouls to their 6. So for the entire game, I attempted 30 free throws to their 17. That's a promising start without adjusting any of the foul sliders.

What I also like about reducing the contact sliders is that I can actually body up on D on the perimeter. The force field that existed before is now removed. I even saw the CPU doing the same for me when John Wall went to smother Derrick Rose.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 17

I posted a thread just yesterday bringing this up. It needs to be patched. Even if some users are seeing games of 20+ FT's the fact that I have shooting fouls on 100 and am not seeing that EVERY game means the sliders aren't working as they should. At 100 we should be getting 25+ fouls and around 40 attempts or so a game. There should be so many fouls that we need to turn down a bit from 100 for realistic numbers. Instead, I'm left here wishing that the slider went to 200
Old 10-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #40
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I posted a thread just yesterday bringing this up. It needs to be patched. Even if some users are seeing games of 20+ FT's the fact that I have shooting fouls on 100 and am not seeing that EVERY game means the sliders aren't working as they should. At 100 we should be getting 25+ fouls and around 40 attempts or so a game. There should be so many fouls that we need to turn down a bit from 100 for realistic numbers. Instead, I'm left here wishing that the slider went to 200
I agree with you completely bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »