Home

NBA 2K15 has NO regard for Fouls.

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 has NO regard for Fouls. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 has NO regard for Fouls.

Oh and it's only the middle of the 3rd
Old 10-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS
Don't get me wrong. This is a good game minus a couple of glitches here and there, this game is enjoyable.

However I've come across an issue; an issue that's really been in every 2K I've played.

The refs do not blow their whistles. And it would be fine if they at LEAST called a shooting fouls twice every quarter for both the ai and human. However, you'll be lucky if you even get one.

In the NBA last season, the lowest FT attempts by team was 20 and that was the Knicks. Kevin Durant averaged 10 free throws by him self. Demar Derozan averaged 8.

So I decided to do a test. I tried it out 3 different times with 6 different teams.

I played on Superstar, Simulation. However, I changed some sliders. I put all the fouls up on both user and cpu, changed the CPU "Attack the basket" tendency all the way to 100. Put " Shoot midrange" and "Shoot 3 Point" tendency to Zero. Also put "contest shots frequency"for both cpu and user all the way to 100.

I only, however, started to actually record notes of the issue in the 2nd quarter a game where the Hawks were playing the Raptors. I was the Raptors. I decided to start tallying how many times both teams went to the basket and fouls were called at about the 5th minute of the second quarter. I kept note ONLY ON CONTACT ANIMATIONS SHOTS

Both teams ended up going to the line for a combined amount of 10 times. They however drew a contact animation 83 times.

That is a serious problem. Don't know if that can be patched but to go to bucket that many times and only get the whistle blew 10 times?

That's a serious problem. For those of you guys who are able to draw fouls and cpu is also drawing fouls, please share your secret.

Hes the Team Comparison Stats below.
Excellent points. 2k should hire you.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #59
Rookie

Bulls4life's Arena

The only way to get this issue fixed via patch is if enough people speak up about it. Im a sim-head or realism nut and this is a game breaker for me right now.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #60
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4life
The only way to get this issue fixed via patch is if enough people speak up about it. Im a sim-head or realism nut and this is a game breaker for me right now.
Well it sounds like they need to patch the foul frequency slider. I can understand at default not having a lot of foul calls. But for us who want the true sim experience, we should be able to set the sliders and ave them work.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 12

So im currently grinding to get the acrobat badge in mycareer and i've discovered something.

When you adjust your lay-up/dunk after contact your at least 40% more likely to draw a foul.

Try it, it freakin works!

Too bad the AI never/rarely does this...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 3

yea, i noticed that as well. dont know about 40%, but clearly noticeable.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #63
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Was just coming on here to post something about the lack of fouls called then saw this thread.

I don't know, but there's definitely not enough fouls being called for the user or the cpu at this point. Teams are shooting 6 to 7 free throws a game when I play, and this is with shooting foul sliders at 100 for user and cpu.

Even when there is solid contact in the paint, barely any whistles get called. On top of that, there's still not ENOUGH contact in the paint. Everything is so animation based, the cpu, and even the user to an extent, can just drive in the paint and get a layup, or one of those insane, guaranteed to go in even with 3 defenders around putbacks after an offensive board. With no regard to bodies down low, or even physics alot of the time.

This game is still so "twitchy" with everything it does. Watching the cpu go warp speed to grab an offensive rebound, or a loose ball, or a ball after a block is ridiculous. Then to not be able to foul the person going back up on a consistent basis is inexcusable for a sim basketball game.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 6

I don't play offline that much...but online, i can definitely say that the amount of fouls are justified. However, some of the contact dunk animations are ridiculous. It's obvious it was a foul (even in real life) but there was no call lol. I dunno...i guess it's okay either way since you get as much benefit of the doubt as your opponent.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 10-20-2014 at 01:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »