Home

Playing against high rated teams online/Rant

This is a discussion on Playing against high rated teams online/Rant within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playing against high rated teams online/Rant

I play with the Pelicans, Grizz, Bucks and Jazz, I sometimes have trouble with elite teams online, I have the most trouble playing against people that plays with nothing to lose (shooting contested shots, turbo all game and etc). But I win 80% of the time cause i run plays to get my plays open, when i lose, i lose at the last min of the game cause their superstar takes over, one game I had Durant hitting a 3 a little after the halfcourt mark.... I love this game.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #34
Rookie

At first I HATED online ranked with a passion. However, i'm slowly getting to enjoy the experience. The delay is still annoying but after constantly playing ranked, i'm pretty much used to it. I still don't play on-ball defense however because you still slide all over the place. I don't know about you guys but I have NO problem beating guys who just abuse their stars all game. Sure there's some BS that goes in but i'm able to hold them to about 40-43 FG% so that's a win for me. All I do is let the CPU guard them and just control my PG or SF and slide over to help if it looks like they're going to be beat off the dribble. Rebounding is random imo, sometimes my big gets a lot of questionable boards and other times my opponent does. I've also noticed that when you take horrible shots and rush offensive possessions your opponent gets hella easy fast break opportunities. So because of that I've started to play on a broadcast camera view and turned on automatic playcalling and the difference has been amazing. My opponent isn't getting those BS fast break opportunities and i'm having an easier time scoring. I use the Atlanta Hawks and I have no problem beating high end teams like the Cavs, Bulls, etc. Thunder give me the most problems but they're still beatable.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyProdigy
This is coming from a player who strictly uses the Nets since 2K10. If you want to win, you have to play efficient basketball. Know your match-ups, gameplan; if you strategize and become more prepared, then you will do well.

Ask yourself ... If you are using the Nets (ranked 25) against the Spurs (ranked 1?). Are you even supposed to win? Not at all. Use what you have, it's only 5 minute quarters so bench depth is irrelevant. Play basketball and win. KG on Duncan, AK47 on Leonard (Double on drive) and you'll fare well.
Yes that's what im saying you gotta make a gameplan to suit what you have on deck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #36
Rookie

http://www.twitch.tv/smushffxi/manag...7892/highlight

Here is a Rank match i had i could have done way better gaurding CP3 but at half time he was shooting 43% and i had 60 and i ended up making him quit with like 7 sec left in the game....

But that is what cheesers do when they cant get there way

This was cheese vs sim
Old 10-18-2014, 12:42 AM   #37
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smush
http://www.twitch.tv/smushffxi/manag...7892/highlight

Here is a Rank match i had i could have done way better gaurding CP3 but at half time he was shooting 43% and i had 60 and i ended up making him quit with like 7 sec left in the game....

But that is what cheesers do when they cant get there way

This was cheese vs sim
I'm sorry but your offense and defense isn't anything special bro and this person wasn't a cheeser just a causal. You act like i said i can't win at all online lol. Most of my wins are from people quitting.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 10-18-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I'm sorry but your offense and defense isn't anything special bro and this person wasn't a cheeser just a causal. You act like i said i can't win at all online lol. Most of my wins are from people quitting.
Thats what you act like lol. My Record is really good and i beat plenty cheesers.

I never said i was the best i just said i play sim i try and play on ball D and i win a lot.
Even vs ppl who only use SS like CP3..

Last edited by smush; 10-18-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #39
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Ether way I'm finding players like John Wall are shooting way too well even when contested and dunking on everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »