Home

Did 2K know that some of the issues were there when they launched?

This is a discussion on Did 2K know that some of the issues were there when they launched? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Did 2K know that some of the issues were there when they launched?

Like that part of hte game where the ref is holding the ball for 20 seconds and you just wait. Did that not happen to them? Why do things like that get by quality assurance? I deal with them, it's not a big deal, but just wondering why they let that stuff get by their testers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Did 2K know that some of the issues were there when they launched?

They have to prioritize things...

QC catches a bunch of things we will never even know about. Take the green ball glitch CSI OS happened to catch in the trailer....that was a bug that was caught and corrected that the majority didn't see..

I'm sure they did encounter this bug, but maybe they couldn't find a solution (or a solution that didn't break something else) in the amount of time they had.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They have to prioritize things...

QC catches a bunch of things we will never even know about. Take the green ball glitch CSI OS happened to catch in the trailer....that was a bug that was caught and corrected that the majority didn't see..

I'm sure they did encounter this bug, but maybe they couldn't find a solution (or a solution that didn't break something else) in the amount of time they had.
If they did know, then why not delay it? Or do they get a penalty for doing that from the NBA?
Old 10-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

They'd lose too many sales doing that. I don't see the point of delaying it. People can still enjoy the game offline.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Like that part of hte game where the ref is holding the ball for 20 seconds and you just wait. Did that not happen to them? Why do things like that get by quality assurance? I deal with them, it's not a big deal, but just wondering why they let that stuff get by their testers...
Quote:
If they did know, then why not delay it? Or do they get a penalty for doing that from the NBA?
If it's not a big deal then why delay it?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
If it's not a big deal then why delay it?
well, I'm offline kinda guy, but the people that play online, they might have been happier being able to play online on day 1 ya know?
Old 10-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
well, I'm offline kinda guy, but the people that play online, they might have been happier being able to play online on day 1 ya know?
You should have mentioned servers in your first post if that was your point.
I'm an offline guy (mostly) as well. I don't see any reason why the game's release should have been pushed back. Is waiting 20 seconds annoying? A little bit, but I take that time to check out what ever games on TV or take a drink, etc. Like you said... it's not a big deal.

As for online, well that's never been something that 2k has been particularly good at anyway. However, Madden and The Show had huge problems with their games online as well. At release both of them had huge problems with things such as games not registering and players for both had to wait on a patch or server side update. I suppose they should have been delayed as well?

Unfortunately, over the last 7-8 years I've had to wait on patches (for both online and offline modes) for the majority of the sports games that I've played, so this isn't something new. It's also something that I don't foresee changing anytime soon. It's just the nature of the beast. If someone doesn't like it I would suggest they wait a few months before purchasing, but most people don't have that kind of self-control or want to.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Probably, it is not like we have a choice what game to buy. Last year there was a lot less because they had live to compete with or at least they thought. Since live isn't coming out until next week they will probably try to fix everything before that so nobody starts playing live until 2k is working then realize they like live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »