Home

MyGM newbie questions

This is a discussion on MyGM newbie questions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #33
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MyGM newbie questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_accidents3
It's under coach, then game plan then press all teams .Then go to the rotation screen.

Sent from my nexus 5
No that's just rotations. There is no where to set your lineups. Like Bench, Big, Quick, FT, Small, ect. You can only edit the rotation. It's annoying.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #34
Rookie

ReRo's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm about to try out myGM, and have one newbie question.

You have an option to buy a team for 50k VC, what are the benefits of doing so? I probably won't have an owner to boss me around, but what options do I unlock with it, plus will I be getting any rewards for certain acomplishments so I can eanr my VC back? And btw, I intend to play this mode as a GM, so I won't play games.

I have some VC saved from myCareer and quick games, so I was wondering if its worth to save up to 50k and buying the team, and maybe make a profit later on.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #35
Just started!

You're looking at the right place. If you're not seeing any work ethic related badges, then that player has average work ethic, nothing too special about it to warrant a badge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
No that's just rotations. There is no where to set your lineups. Like Bench, Big, Quick, FT, Small, ect. You can only edit the rotation. It's annoying.
You can!!! When you start a game in MyGm just press Y and cycle through the different lineups to set up how you want it
Old 11-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRo
I'm about to try out myGM, and have one newbie question.

You have an option to buy a team for 50k VC, what are the benefits of doing so? I probably won't have an owner to boss me around, but what options do I unlock with it, plus will I be getting any rewards for certain acomplishments so I can eanr my VC back? And btw, I intend to play this mode as a GM, so I won't play games.

I have some VC saved from myCareer and quick games, so I was wondering if its worth to save up to 50k and buying the team, and maybe make a profit later on.
I'd like to know someone's opinion on this also. I'm currently at 42K VC saved up from playing MyGM games and using the 2K companion app.

The only thing I would assume, to answer, is that I found you get no VC if you sim a game or jump into during simcast. You have to start the game and finish it in order to get VC. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Therefore, unless you are getting some VC payoff as owner whilst NOT playing any games, then you probably won't recuperate your VC spent buying the team.

I actually still don't know what profit actually helps with either.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #38
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
This is really obnoxious. You have to do this for every lineup before every game..........

Let's Go Bucs
Old 12-09-2014, 02:14 AM   #39
Just started!

danezrad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPens1787
This is really obnoxious. You have to do this for every lineup before every game..........
Still no updates on how to make the lineup permanent so I won't have to set it every game?
Old 12-09-2014, 02:50 AM   #40
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im loving this mode so far. PLaying every game 12 min quarters, but I do have some feedback.

1. There is so much going, it doesnt all 'feel' relevant. For instance, there are team image ratings, trust in various personnel. I dont think we are told why raising the morale of the assistant GM is important (as an example). There is plenty of other stuff like this that looks great, but maybe doesnt impact my team. Maybe I will lokk harder. Maybe it plays out in off seasons.

2.The trade finder is great, but having a trading block needs to come back. Having an opposing GM ring us and ask us for one of our players would be awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »