Home

Online Delay?

This is a discussion on Online Delay? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Online Delay?

na man in online games lag is more like the time it takes to start an action compared to the actual input. like when i used to play dota 2, if i played on a european server id have like 150ms ping. that made it so every input and mouse click i made took 15% of a second to happen. (maybe 30 i cant remember if its doubled or not). Thats why i end up jumping up to block shots that have already been dunked in mypark and such, because you pressed the button way earlier but it doesn't make it there and back in a reasonable amount of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #26
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfriendly
na man in online games lag is more like the time it takes to start an action compared to the actual input. like when i used to play dota 2, if i played on a european server id have like 150ms ping. that made it so every input and mouse click i made took 15% of a second to happen. (maybe 30 i cant remember if its doubled or not). Thats why i end up jumping up to block shots that have already been dunked in mypark and such, because you pressed the button way earlier but it doesn't make it there and back in a reasonable amount of time.
Gotcha thanks for clearing that up
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:13 AM   #27
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

game runs wayyyyy better in the morning well for park mode, i guess since theirs nobody really on at this time.

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 10-20-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:15 AM   #28
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

There's a little delay offline too
Old 10-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #29
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
There's a little delay offline too
Man i thought this was only happening to me. Sometimes there are frame rate issues when playing offline. It happens a few times in the game. Nothing egregious but it's there. Anyone else experiencing any frame rate issues when playing offline? I thought it was my tv so I switched from an lcd hdtv to older model crt Sony wega and still the issue remains. Ironically, I don't see this online at all.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 10-20-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #30
Rookie

Now more than ever, playing online vs. offline is extremely different. Timing shot releases is one hell of a challenge online. I have played wireless in a residence, and wired on a T1 University connection, absolutely no difference. In previous 2k's, the online experience was always very fun. This year, I can literally feel my defender's late reactions. I will tell my defender to change directions and it happens far too late- giving the ballhandler a huge edge. I feel as if the only way I can confidently score is getting a dunk, jumper's for me are so difficult to time online; not the case offline.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Spartan
Now more than ever, playing online vs. offline is extremely different. Timing shot releases is one hell of a challenge online. I have played wireless in a residence, and wired on a T1 University connection, absolutely no difference. In previous 2k's, the online experience was always very fun. This year, I can literally feel my defender's late reactions. I will tell my defender to change directions and it happens far too late- giving the ballhandler a huge edge. I feel as if the only way I can confidently score is getting a dunk, jumper's for me are so difficult to time online; not the case offline.
Exactly how I feel man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #32
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Spartan
yes online is 100x worst, playing online used to be my favorite mode but I haven't touched that in the last 2 years and this will be the 3rd..2K9-2K11 was so fun because of online experience. But offline still has a little delay, best way to test this is dribbling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »