Home

unreal players on 2k15...

This is a discussion on unreal players on 2k15... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: unreal players on 2k15...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Stop with this "You guys should really start watching real basketball." All of us here watch basketball. Also lol at calling Lillard a superstar. Point is Allen in real life can lock star players down in games, but he can't for crap in this game. You can play the same team 10 times and he'll still will get lit up. lol Lillard a superstar.
I hate this thing that if you judge the game then you don't watch basketball. Also about superstars KD had games at 37, 42, 41, and 23% FG% against Tony Allen. Allen had games where he was shutting durant down. I get that stars will get their points, but not always when put up against the best lockdown defenders.

2 playoffs ago Jimmy Butler had games against lebron holding him to 35% FG twice and even had a game where he held him to 19pts and in that same game kept lebron at like 8pts for an entire half. In this game I see Jimmy continuously get torched.

This game is great, but the best defenders on this game get torched by some of the crappiest players in the league. While in real life they consistently shutdown some of the NBA's best players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proven_Winner
I hate this thing that if you judge the game then you don't watch basketball. Also about superstars KD had games at 37, 42, 41, and 23% FG% against Tony Allen. Allen had games where he was shutting durant down. I get that stars will get their points, but not always when put up against the best lockdown defenders.

2 playoffs ago Jimmy Butler had games against lebron holding him to 35% FG twice and even had a game where he held him to 19pts and in that same game kept lebron at like 8pts for an entire half. In this game I see Jimmy continuously get torched.

This game is great, but the best defenders on this game get torched by some of the crappiest players in the league. While in real life they consistently shutdown some of the NBA's best players.
Maybe you should practice defense as much as you do offense? Many people on OS complain about defense, but how often do you perfect the craft?

My point is, it's a beauty to play defense with lockdown defenders this year. With proper timing of the steal button, playing physical, POE's and defensive settings, I frustrate most of the Superstars. BTW, this is with the Lakers as Kobe being my premier defender....

The hardest person I had to defend was Dwight "Man child" Howard. Against my Lakers he put up something like 23 pts and 17 boards. If we could have kept him off the boards, he may have had 13 points but it was pure domination, regardless of POE, defensive settings ect...And you know what? I'm okay with it because in real life against the Lakers, Dwight can do the same thing against our mediocre front court.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #43
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

OVR: 1

Russell Westbrook....I CAN NOT STAY IN FRONT OF HIM THIS YEAR! 😂

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players
Old 10-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Maybe you should practice defense as much as you do offense? Many people on OS complain about defense, but how often do you perfect the craft?

My point is, it's a beauty to play defense with lockdown defenders this year. With proper timing of the steal button, playing physical, POE's and defensive settings, I frustrate most of the Superstars. BTW, this is with the Lakers as Kobe being my premier defender....

The hardest person I had to defend was Dwight "Man child" Howard. Against my Lakers he put up something like 23 pts and 17 boards. If we could have kept him off the boards, he may have had 13 points but it was pure domination, regardless of POE, defensive settings ect...And you know what? I'm okay with it because in real life against the Lakers, Dwight can do the same thing against our mediocre front court.
I thought this was about the CPU teammate. I love playing defense way more than offense. EVery year i make a defensive SG. I'm a Bulls fan so I'm use to seeing how defense is played and I like it so of course I'm good at it in the game. It's the AI that isn't and that's what I'm talking about. I wouldn't complain about Durant torching me if I'm controlling a Tony Allen or Jimmy Butler. But it does get to me when I see Troy Daniels or Dion Waiters constantly make Jimmy there b****.

I agree it's a beauty when you are controlling it and I have no complaints about that.

Trust me I always get killed by Ellis and Beal and I'm cool with it, but then my AI teammates like Noah, Gibson, and Butler (I play for the Bulls) are worthless on defense and I have to cover for them alot. That part of the game is not fun and it shouldn't be put on my shoulders to help out my All NBA-Defensive teammates on defense. I'm not saying they should always lock guys down but they rarely and I mean rarely lockdown their opponent and that is ridiculous considering that they are the BULLS.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #45
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

OVR: 6

Played a Minnesota user in online h2h. Put Levine in at starting PG. So I knew something was up with him. He dropped 18 on me in the first qtr alone. Figured out he couldn't shoot worth a dang so I just sat back and let shoot himself out of the game Russ Westbrook style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 01:39 PM   #46
Pro

Westbrook. Its just that quickness is way too OP in 2K games but if defense was slightly more responsive it would be fun as hell to shut down some speedy guards.

However, now that I've obtained mind games, I feel like I can knock him out of rythm quickly and efficiently. Unless the badge is playing mind games with me via placebo and I'm just getting better at D.

I'm banking on the second one. Am I the only one who actually likes defense this year? You have to REALLY contest a shot or get J'd on.

Last edited by Crookid; 10-30-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Westbrook. Its just that quickness is way too OP in 2K games but if defense was slightly more responsive it would be fun as hell to shut down some speedy guards.

However, now that I've obtained mind games, I feel like I can knock him out of rythm quickly and efficiently. Unless the badge is playing mind games with me via placebo and I'm just getting better at D.

I'm banking on the second one. Am I the only one who actually likes defense this year? You have to REALLY contest a shot or get J'd on.
The latter. Guys like Westbrook I play off of UNLESS he gets hot, then it's time to double. And you can most definitely shut down fast & elusive PG's. I shut down Tony Parker last game (Kept him in single digits...7 or 9 pts on 3-9 shooting). Nevertheless, the Spurs still won. Timmy 'Benjamin Buttons' Duncan was the catalyst to my *** whipping alongside with their never ending offensive options.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #48
Rookie

Nymesis21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
The latter. Guys like Westbrook I play off of UNLESS he gets hot, then it's time to double. And you can most definitely shut down fast & elusive PG's. I shut down Tony Parker last game (Kept him in single digits...7 or 9 pts on 3-9 shooting). Nevertheless, the Spurs still won. Timmy 'Benjamin Buttons' Duncan was the catalyst to my *** whipping alongside with their never ending offensive options.
Timmy "Benjamin Buttons" Duncan...greatest nickname ever. You need to do the Top 10 plays on NBA haha

-August Burns Red

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »