Home

2k making you miss shots

This is a discussion on 2k making you miss shots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

OVR: 2
2k making you miss shots

So first id like to say im digging 2k this year. I like the tougher D and the more sim approach when it comes to gameplay. My two biggest gripes so far tho are Cpu hitting way too many conetested shots and offensive rebounds and this issue. Is it just me or does it feel like the game makes you miss way too many wide open shots this year? Too often this year i find myself extremely frustrated to the point of wanting to just turn the game off because i feel like im constantly forced to miss open shots because of real life percentages the game feels sometimes based around.

I just had a playoff game where for 5 straight shots i got kobe wide open on a midrange J and bricked each and every one just because i wasnt able to get a perfect release and wound up losing the game. While i am frustrated about what just happened this is somthing that has been happening since ive got the game. Wide open shots brick way to often while contested shots drop too much. Tell im not the only one a little annoyed by this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k making you miss shots

If I have a player who's shot is not falling then I try to run my offense through someone else in hopes that it will jumpstart my offense and give me some momentum.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #3
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreSki
So first id like to say im digging 2k this year. I like the tougher D and the more sim approach when it comes to gameplay. My two biggest gripes so far tho are Cpu hitting way too many conetested shots and offensive rebounds and this issue. Is it just me or does it feel like the game makes you miss way too many wide open shots this year? Too often this year i find myself extremely frustrated to the point of wanting to just turn the game off because i feel like im constantly forced to miss open shots because of real life percentages the game feels sometimes based around.

I just had a playoff game where for 5 straight shots i got kobe wide open on a midrange J and bricked each and every one just because i wasnt able to get a perfect release and wound up losing the game. While i am frustrated about what just happened this is somthing that has been happening since ive got the game. Wide open shots brick way to often while contested shots drop too much. Tell im not the only one a little annoyed by this.
I'm not annoyed at all. Cpu Off Reb? Slider at 25, Box Out at 100. Fixed.
Missed open shots because of RP ratings? Not a problem at all.
I agree though there are some questionable contested shots that go in frequently.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #4
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

I understand dude and even as a hardcore 2k player I must admit
some contested shots are fake ..why should I work 23 seconds on some marvellous defense to have the cpu drain a medium or close jumper with hands all over him ..its not rewarding and it feels like a storyline scriptedness...for examplr u can be up big beginning second half but u can count on it their "momentum" can change the game
you'rr missing everything and they making everything ....litterally

especially around the basket cpu can really hurt you
u can have your hand on the ball while he is releasing it but miraculously it will fall and he wont look bothered by your defensive anticipation.

my question is I dont want to change the sliders they feel good out the box
just for the point in the paint by cpu wich slider is recommended to change

inside shots close shots or attack the basket ..the offensive rebounding is ok I can hold my own even the offensive putbacks by cpu
but I need to see cpu take less shots in the paint and drive less

thanks peace
Old 10-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I put the game on superstar sim when I first got it as I always have in the past and probably went 0-13 in my league no matter what, who, or where I was playing the "momentum" factor would always kick in. Guys that had been hot all game for me start missing everything. Open looks, lay ups, free throws the whole nine, on the other end the CPU is draining shots late in the clock from anywhere on the floor with tough defense on them.

I soon changed to all star sim and the same thing happened the only difference was I could manage to overcome all that and still win some games.

Recently I went back to superstar sim bc I was winning too much I felt and while the same thing did happen I'm now losing games by only 3-5 points instead of 10-15 bc of the CPUs "momentum"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

Tons of threads already on this topic.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

I agree. The cpu is very cheesy. I don't even shoot the ball anymore, I just dunk all day due to the fact you have to have a perfect release to hit on hof. It's disturbing how my shooting is two bars from being maxed out and hot spots all over the place and can't even hit shots wide open. But a random bench cpu player can come in and hit everywhere from 3 and infamously run to the baseline take a contested jumper in front of Dwight Howard 7 times a game. The foul calls are one again unbalanced. I have recorded video of me and Dwight with our hands in the ball and cpu hit the shot because they're contested jumper percentage is at least on 95%. Same **** every year.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

I do notice when the CPU is making a run some of the catch animations seem slower: allowing for the defender to catch up and delaying the shot stick timing.

The simple passes and catches become longer and the CPU will slide your player in and out of good shots or position.

I've seen Novak become KD at times: driving, dribbling, hitting fade away shots, and contested shots in the paint like no defender is there. He scored 9 pts in 3 mins (6 in the paint) with M Gasol all over him.

Last edited by keshunleon; 10-19-2014 at 12:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »