Home

So its pretty much impossible to be a "Pure Point" in My Career

This is a discussion on So its pretty much impossible to be a "Pure Point" in My Career within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: So its pretty much impossible to be a "Pure Point" in My Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuriath
Let me first start by saying this not a rant, but I guess after a certain amount of time you can't help but complain about MyCareer.

First off, i'm not going to say that my teammates can't shoot and that the A.I hits just about anything, i'm just going to say that maybe my teammates are having just as much a problem getting that perfect release as I am. And we all know in MyCareer, and it seems to ONLY be in MyCareer, that a slightly early/slightly late shot makes a shot miss about 80 percent of the time, and for your teammates about 90 percent.

Now I saved this complaint until after my first season because I was playing with the magic as a PG, and planned on taking my talents to Golden State to be the Rondo to their team as the coach moved Curry to the 2 spot and Klay too the 3 spot. I get to Golden State and much to my surprise, after 25 games, Curry and Klay are a combined 23/183 from behind the arc. We average about 20 3's a game, and my main duty is to penetrate and dish out for easy 3's.

Because of this, we have gone 3-22 in the season and I refuse to change my game to become a scoring PG because I shouldn't have too. 2K needs to do something about this "Perfect Release" bull, and allow my teammates to hit open shots because its horrible watching Curry/Klay miss open shot after open shot, then having to try your best to defend the unstoppable MyCareer A.I as *Insert any player here that isn't your teammate*, goes for the running sideways fadeaway jump shot and buries it shot, after shot.

There is another thread here about badges, and whats the first ones you got. A lot of people received the same badges of, Sparkplug, Volume Shooter, cool and collected, etc. Why? Because everyone has to play hero ball, and take 30 shots in order to keep up with the unstoppable MYCAREER A.I, and the "I can't hit my perfect release" teammates and even your player just can't seem to hit that perfect release no matter what.

I haven't seen many people get dimer, or floor general, or flashy passer, etc because the game doesn't allow your teammates to make ANY jumpshots. The pick and roll game is fine, nice variation of makes, misses, blocks, but when it comes to the jumpshooting........no one can make a shot, makes me wonder will I ever get dimer or not....This is terrible because the mode has a lot of potential, but these major flaws destroy the structure of the game.

And for the people defending this saying, well you suck, or you can't play,I have a challenge for YOU. Try to make a pure point guard and only take about 10 shots a game, IF THAT, on SS/Sim, hell even Allstar/Sim and tell me how it works out for you.
I actually have Flashy Passer...but that badge is tendency based not rating or performace. I just threw flashy passes every pass. It's based on your tendency to throw them. Not your teams tendency to make it after you pass it. Just keep getting good passes. Pass to assists and all those will help get the badge.

I'm not sure but I think Dimer is performance based. As in you have to have certain number of assists in a season or something. But I don't know who has it to confirm how they got it. Simming games might help.

I do understand your frustration with the PG pos tho. My only real advice is to just play on a lower difficulty.
Your team will make everything on Rookie. Pro is too easy. Allstar might be what you need to play on to get a good balance of miss and makes and be able to play pure PG. You will still get badges the same. But playing on HOF is ridiculous. However if you're good you can pick where to score and where to pass.

I actually had a decent game against the Spurs on HOF but I play aggressive defense so I get a lot of turnovers. I lost the game on game winner which felt cheap but it was Tony Parker and the whole 4th it was close the CPU only fed Duncan and Parker which was cool. I say that to say if you're defense is good and you can control tempo you can run the CPU on HOF without being a scoring guard.

(Sidenote: There's really no reason to play on HOF)

Online H2H is Superstar and the MyPark shooting meter fills up slow like it's on Allstar.
If I were you I would just play on Allstar to enjoy the game until they fix those problems.
It's not that the game is too hard on HOF. It's just the CPU is literally on every que which is pointless and frustrating honestly. Its not challenging because you can be cheap like them and win...

Playing on all star or superstar you're not too powerful yourself & you can also run plays and get free because the reaction time isn't boosted...

Last edited by 24ct; 10-19-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #10
Rookie

Xuriath's Arena

OVR: 2

I appreciate the feedback from everyone, but the problem stems from jumpshots not inside the paint. Pick and Rolling is the only way i'm able to maintain my 12 assist average for the game, but I can't help but feel like the jumpshooting is broken.

At first I thought it was just me being a Pure Point, and not having a shot, so I boosted my shot up to the 90's range, same problem. If its slightly early or slightly late, 80 percent of a time its a miss, and I feel like you don't always need perfect release to make a shot, and I only take open shots, never try to take over games when I have Curry there. I even tried different shots, 2K14 I was money with Melo's shot, but this year i've tried Melo, Kobe, Shot 1, shot 42 (which I heard about from another thread here, and finally settled on Durant's shot was gives a bit more leeway.

I'm not even so much as concerned about my shot, i'm more concerned with my teammate A.I shot. My vision was to be a 12 point, 7 rebound, and 14 assist guy but all the misses of my teammates make it impossible to have those Rondo/Magic type games, I have to play that old school Shaq and Kobe pick and roll game in order to get my assist. I'm not really into sliders, and don't even know if they are in MyCareer but if anyone can help me with maybe sliders to help my teammates make more it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #11
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I appreciate the feedback from everyone, but the problem stems from jumpshots not inside the paint. Pick and Rolling is the only way i'm able to maintain my 12 assist average for the game, but I can't help but feel like the jumpshooting is broken.

At first I thought it was just me being a Pure Point, and not having a shot, so I boosted my shot up to the 90's range, same problem. If its slightly early or slightly late, 80 percent of a time its a miss, and I feel like you don't always need perfect release to make a shot, and I only take open shots, never try to take over games when I have Curry there. I even tried different shots, 2K14 I was money with Melo's shot, but this year i've tried Melo, Kobe, Shot 1, shot 42 (which I heard about from another thread here, and finally settled on Durant's shot was gives a bit more leeway.

I'm not even so much as concerned about my shot, i'm more concerned with my teammate A.I shot. My vision was to be a 12 point, 7 rebound, and 14 assist guy but all the misses of my teammates make it impossible to have those Rondo/Magic type games, I have to play that old school Shaq and Kobe pick and roll game in order to get my assist. I'm not really into sliders, and don't even know if they are in MyCareer but if anyone can help me with maybe sliders to help my teammates make more it would be greatly appreciated.
I think it's more the fact you play on HOF. HOF= cheesefest for the CPU...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
Pro

As a point i don't really have a problem with my teammates not hitting shots. It's just pretty hard to get them the ball. A lot of the passing and receiving animations are way too slow or just plain nonsensical, giving the defense way too much time to recover or even get a steal.

To top it off my teammates often refuse to take the open shot and instead either: 1) wait a second and shoot with the defender in their face or 2) hold the ball for 5-10 seconds before passing it back. My complete inability to hit a shot (even with maxed out outside scoring) or get a foul call while driving to the basket doesn't help matters. I just went 4-21 (mostly open pullups with at least b release) on superstar with about 8 turnovers, the 4 makes were floaters and a fb dunk. I guess i'll have to try allstar next, haven't noticed much of a difference between superstar and hof though.

Of course on the other end the cpu makes almost any bs shot you can imagine, even going as far as the ball morphing through my guy's fingers when i contest the shot (i checked the replay). I'd say the gameplay needs some work. At least the park and jordan rec aren't complete bs so i can enjoy that for now.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #13
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

This is a complaint I had last year....well, mine was really related to my star players forgetting how to score/not being aggressive. Seems like they tweaked this though. My stars take shots, and guys make shots (last year it seemed like they missed when I passed to them, but hit the same shots when I was on the bench.)

Pro was too easy. I didn't like the #s I was averaging. All-Star seems to provide better balance (the shot meter is harder to nail, so I score less, which is realistic for my player's rating at this time). But I have to concentrate to get assists.

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 10-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Let me first start by saying this not a rant, but I guess after a certain amount of time you can't help but complain about MyCareer.

First off, i'm not going to say that my teammates can't shoot and that the A.I hits just about anything, i'm just going to say that maybe my teammates are having just as much a problem getting that perfect release as I am. And we all know in MyCareer, and it seems to ONLY be in MyCareer, that a slightly early/slightly late shot makes a shot miss about 80 percent of the time, and for your teammates about 90 percent.

Now I saved this complaint until after my first season because I was playing with the magic as a PG, and planned on taking my talents to Golden State to be the Rondo to their team as the coach moved Curry to the 2 spot and Klay too the 3 spot. I get to Golden State and much to my surprise, after 25 games, Curry and Klay are a combined 23/183 from behind the arc. We average about 20 3's a game, and my main duty is to penetrate and dish out for easy 3's.

Because of this, we have gone 3-22 in the season and I refuse to change my game to become a scoring PG because I shouldn't have too. 2K needs to do something about this "Perfect Release" bull, and allow my teammates to hit open shots because its horrible watching Curry/Klay miss open shot after open shot, then having to try your best to defend the unstoppable MyCareer A.I as *Insert any player here that isn't your teammate*, goes for the running sideways fadeaway jump shot and buries it shot, after shot.

There is another thread here about badges, and whats the first ones you got. A lot of people received the same badges of, Sparkplug, Volume Shooter, cool and collected, etc. Why? Because everyone has to play hero ball, and take 30 shots in order to keep up with the unstoppable MYCAREER A.I, and the "I can't hit my perfect release" teammates and even your player just can't seem to hit that perfect release no matter what.

I haven't seen many people get dimer, or floor general, or flashy passer, etc because the game doesn't allow your teammates to make ANY jumpshots. The pick and roll game is fine, nice variation of makes, misses, blocks, but when it comes to the jumpshooting........no one can make a shot, makes me wonder will I ever get dimer or not....This is terrible because the mode has a lot of potential, but these major flaws destroy the structure of the game.

And for the people defending this saying, well you suck, or you can't play,I have a challenge for YOU. Try to make a pure point guard and only take about 10 shots a game, IF THAT, on SS/Sim, hell even Allstar/Sim and tell me how it works out for you.
I'm a PG and lowering the difficulty to Superstar has definitely helped me land way more shots and get more perfect releases. I shot 80% last game with 27 points and 13 assists.

Try changing your release animation. I noticed some release animations are buggy and don't get perfect releases nearly as much. I am using 62. Also, it gets better when you upgrade your shot. Shots that would be a B to B+ turn into As and they go in wayyyy more.

However, fatigue is awful for me. The coach keeps me in sometimes and even with 75% stamina all my B and A shots turn into D and Cs respectively. Even open ones. So try to pass more when you are tired. I would love to get Hardened as a result of this.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I think it's more the fact you play on HOF. HOF= cheesefest for the CPU...
Now it's cheesfest? Didn't you spend a whole thread arguing with me about how the game is perfect and I'm just bad? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:

Play slower?? Idk man seems like your points problem can be fixed by controlling the tempo. Not saying shooting isn't broken, but how is your defense? Realistically...like do you get hot on defense? What mins do you play on?? That stuff matters to the type of game experience you want to get. You can get it. It's jut gonna take some tinkering with the setting. Try real player % and try playing on casual vs sim...

My team makes everything on Rookie so that's no fun...but like I asked...how are you playing? Like mins and all that...You might need to change some stuff to get less shots at the hoop on both sides. Either amp up on defense or run a slower offense. Best advice is still play on a lower level tho lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »