Home

Good sources to learn sim basketball fundamentals?

This is a discussion on Good sources to learn sim basketball fundamentals? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good sources to learn sim basketball fundamentals?

Basketball is a sport that is largely a mystery to me, at least in an organized sense. I'm 5'9" for example I have no idea how a power forward plays because I never could dream of being shooting guard size let alone playing the 4 lol. The only position I ever played organized was the point like 20 years ago in 6th grade. So I get subbed in as a PF sometimes and I'm like uh....I guess i'll stand here?

So I watch czars videos about the new freelance offenses and stuff and it's like wow swing motion sounds cool, now wtf does that actually mean and how do i play in it? So I'm not like a basketball idiot but having never played organized past 6th grade, I never really got the whole philosophies and gameplans transferred to me. I've been playing the nba and college 2k games on and off since dreamcast and every year since 2k11, enjoy watching the nba etc. Im just looking to take my knowledge from like informed casual fan to someone who could discuss x's and o's other than 'he wasn't open, bad shot'. Basically I wanna be able to coach like the lowest level of basketball where players can dunk lol. What are some good resources to turn me into a JV coach?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Good sources to learn sim basketball fundamentals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfriendly
Basketball is a sport that is largely a mystery to me, at least in an organized sense. I'm 5'9" for example I have no idea how a power forward plays because I never could dream of being shooting guard size let alone playing the 4 lol. The only position I ever played organized was the point like 20 years ago in 6th grade. So I get subbed in as a PF sometimes and I'm like uh....I guess i'll stand here?

So I watch czars videos about the new freelance offenses and stuff and it's like wow swing motion sounds cool, now wtf does that actually mean and how do i play in it? So I'm not like a basketball idiot but having never played organized past 6th grade, I never really got the whole philosophies and gameplans transferred to me. I've been playing the nba and college 2k games on and off since dreamcast and every year since 2k11, enjoy watching the nba etc. Im just looking to take my knowledge from like informed casual fan to someone who could discuss x's and o's other than 'he wasn't open, bad shot'. Basically I wanna be able to coach like the lowest level of basketball where players can dunk lol. What are some good resources to turn me into a JV coach?
start here:
http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Coaches-Pl...=operasport-20
Old 10-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfriendly

If you want real life fundamentals check out BBALLBREAKDOWN on youtube

If you want 2k sim basketball fundamentals: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWvaIytNgjkxK-CB1LmlDDg

I hoped I sent you in the right direction haha

Sam Pham ^_^
Old 10-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
Rookie

thanks guys, ill check that out when im not getting 360 2 hand windmilled on by some dude on the rockets =P
Old 10-20-2014, 01:39 AM   #5
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

YouTube user CoachDaniel is pretty good. Nice mix of real play explanations and individual player observations.

I enjoyed his Spurs Offense video.

P.S. Does he not sound like Walter White Jr.?

Walter White Jr. Video

Last edited by RunN1st; 10-20-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 03:14 AM   #6
Just started!

Nice mix of real play explanations and individual player observations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »