Home

What I think is wrong with this game

This is a discussion on What I think is wrong with this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What I think is wrong with this game

i play it at superstar/sim level and i don't expect to win every game, so let me just state right now that this post is not about how many times i can win or lose. I think the game difficulty should be placed on AI running more clever plays and taking advantage of matchups and coaching, not purely raising the % on everything, pure cheesing and rubberband AI which i think is what 2k have always done (although i can admit 2k did make improvements on AI dynamic regarding players and set plays this year).
(I do have a point in the end and a question for you if you can tolerate my rant.)

1. unfair shooting percentage
it's not that you are now shooting at a lower percentage for this game compared to the last 2k game.. but more of the reality of the disadvantage you face that the AI are able to shoot contested basket a lot more often and have them gone in while you have to work every possession to free your man AND get a perfect release just to get a basket. how is that fair? If Ai able to shoot 20% contested shot, so should I regardless of game difficulty.

2. unfair rebounding continues
even if they miss, i can't tell you how many times i seen your AI teammates standing next to the basket while the other team just grab it and put it back in. I'm beginning to think 2k knows it and decide they shouldn't fix it to "even the game" so to speak. I mean is it that hard to program the teammates to make an effort or do you have to set that **** before every game? Where is the effort slider??

3.Pure cheese
Let's face it.. you know what im talking about.. (moving screen, teammate 3 seconds, "pick off passes" (this wouldnt be so bad if your teammates know how to pick off AI passes as well, but they just stand and let the ball pass right by) ) they are purely cheese that there's nothing you can do or say **** about because that's how real nba game is. you can't even do crossover in this game because you are liable to lose the ball 50% of the time, and what's with that BS about getting your ball picked off EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you do a high post spin? I mean every single time? Really 2k?

4. Strong fourth quarter rudderband.. i have played just 2-3 close games with a few secs left and have had kobe and wade shot a contested 3 from way out of the 3 pt line that lost me games, and while they are fun to watch.. im still wondering if anybody else exp that frequently since i have only had 2 out of 3 that happened.
and what's with your own team magically can't make an open shot while the other team's on a run climbing back? you could be wide open and doing perfect releases and AI will say "oh no u don't" and miss and they get the rebound so they can go on another run and another contested basket smh ohh and yeah.. forget about using "Real life percentage" for free throw near end of a close game, i had ginobli F up 2 free throws from that because the AI wanted to win that game (yea i said it... i do believe there's something in the codes that unfairly give the AI a chance to win because the AI control everything in this game) and if that's the case, then what's the point of this game since you can play well and still lose just because AI wants you to lose?

All in all, i found this year game too manipulated by the AI.. im starting to feel like AI controlled more of the game results than I do when i play a quickgame.. i could play a competitive game most time and the last 2-3 mins of the 4th would be decided by the AI either decide time to win or time to lose.. you know what im talking about. so you basically spent your effort to be competitive for the first 3 qtrs for nothing.

Could this be the price we play for a realistic gameplay? that you started to lose the true control of your play and the way a game could go and be forced to (lose ball, miss shot, lose rebound) to "sim" more realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: What I think is wrong with this game

1 step forward, 2 steps back. Still riddled with legacy issues. Honeymoon is just about ovet, i expect to see more thread/post like above.

I only agree with point #1 and slighly 2. Force field, clipping and sliding is 2k bball.

I.guess it will be next gen when cpu can outplay with bball skills vs "funny business". Majority of the cpu offensive attempts comes down to the last few seconds of the shot clock.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Feel like teams play too much zone. Don't remember that last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #4
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

Broken record.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:58 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44