Home

How to stop cpu-fast-break after a missed shot?

This is a discussion on How to stop cpu-fast-break after a missed shot? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How to stop cpu-fast-break after a missed shot?

I like the game, but one thing annoys me: After almost every miss, the cpu rebounder slings the ball without even looking upcourt and i often have a 1 on 2 situation against me (by the way: I have POE offensive rebounds at the most conservative setting). It's especially annoying und unstoppable for me against teams with POE "get in transition".

The rebounding and outlet sequence is very unrealistic because it happens too fast and with robotic precision and it takes time away for the defenders to get back. But it is like that in 2K-games for years now, so i don't think they will do something about this.

So, question: What is there to do, to force the cpu into set-play and to deny the fast-breaks? Pressuring the rebounder doesn't work, because he normally gets rid of the ball too fast. Pressuring the ballhandler with the nearest teammate? I really don't know, what works best.

Any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to stop cpu-fast-break after a missed shot?

Try telling your team to 'LIMIT TRANSITION' and you dont pressure the ball handeler on a FB the point is to have more of your guys beat their guys up the court. Keep in mind for those really dangerous players fouling can be used to stop the break.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

Run right up the middle, do not use steal/block button, only right stick. Cant stop them all though.

What team are you using? Only team i cant stop is toronto.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

So i have to switch to a player who is not supposed to guard the cpu ballhandler and "turbo" back into the own zone? Has to be a wing, because PF and Center are too slow.

If 2k could implement a realistic rebound logic! The rebounder should at least have to survey the situation after the board and find an open teammate - at least if he throws the ball upcourt. This second (and it normally takes a second in a real game) would be enough for the defense to get back and find their assignments.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

I've not had this issue. If I see that a team is running on me I change my rebound settings to stop crashing the boards and 'limit transition'. If your team is decent enough defensively, and you take good shots instead of chuck up threes, you'll be able to significantly limit the cpu fast break chances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

transition defense is the worst part of this otherwise great game. Watching your defenders jog back on defense or get in a defensive stance on their own end of the court as the offensive players sprint by is the worst. The fact that every rebounder throws wes unseld outlet passes compounds the problem.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

What pisses me off is if u do have guys back your freaking CPU teammates leave the damn paint or not even properly guard their man.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well setting you POE will help. But this is actually something that I LIKE about 2k, you actually have to get back on defense, meaning that after a shot attempt, you actually have to pay attention to see if the other team is running, and switch to one of your defenders and make him sprint back. To me this is realistic. How many times do you watch real NBA games and hear the announcers comment that certain players or teams are getting killed in transition, or are not hustling back?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »