Home

Guy is sliding a lot

This is a discussion on Guy is sliding a lot within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
Guy is sliding a lot

Is anyone else seeing this on defense? It's like you can't control your guy on defense. I thought maybe it was my myplayer guy and he just wasn't leveled up. Well I decided to try 1vs1 me as lebron and cpu as a scrub player. It still did the sliding all over the place. It's like you hardly push the control a certain way and your guy takes himself way the hell out of the play.

I decided to pop in 2k13 to see if this is the case. It's not. You have a lot more control on your guy. Idk wth is going on. Am I just seeing things? Has anyone else notice this or am I just being paranoid? It's frustrating me because I love to play defense but this is seriously ruining it for me with all this sliding all over the place.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Guy is sliding a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
Is anyone else seeing this on defense? It's like you can't control your guy on defense. I thought maybe it was my myplayer guy and he just wasn't leveled up. Well I decided to try 1vs1 me as lebron and cpu as a scrub player. It still did the sliding all over the place. It's like you hardly push the control a certain way and your guy takes himself way the hell out of the play.

I decided to pop in 2k13 to see if this is the case. It's not. You have a lot more control on your guy. Idk wth is going on. Am I just seeing things? Has anyone else notice this or am I just being paranoid? It's frustrating me because I love to play defense but this is seriously ruining it for me with all this sliding all over the place.
Yeah this was a real issue last year as well. 2k claimed to fix it but it's not at all
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:19 AM   #3
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Many of us have been talking about this issue but others try to drown us out and say we suck.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes I hate it so much. Thought it was suppose to be fixed. Also seems like the lower the difficulty the more control I have over the player I'm controlling. Which makes no sense at all.

Game is great but things like this where I'm being taking out of the play due to lack of control over the player ruins it
Old 10-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok it's not just me than. I really didn't get into the game until I started myplayer. I have been playing practice mode to see the differences on offense and such before diving into MP mode because that is the only mode I play. Didn't really play 2k14 at all so first time seeing this. Played the hell out of 2k13.

Sigh this isn't good. It really kills it for me. Sure I can play off my defender and such(still doesn't work well even playing off like that) and no I do not hold down turbo, but your guy acts like Allen Iverson just crossed up MJ. If I got crossed up ok, but they are just dribbling normally moving to one side of the court and my guy takes 3 or 4 steps away from him and he has an open lane to the basket. And they can't say its momentum because no one moves like that. And it's not just them with the ball, its them off ball. Your guy just moves all over the place. It's soooo weird. Like how did they not notice this?

If someone has an idea of how to help in this, I'm all ears. I just want to play the game because other than that, the rest of it feels really good.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Ok it's not just me than. I really didn't get into the game until I started myplayer. I have been playing practice mode to see the differences on offense and such before diving into MP mode because that is the only mode I play. Didn't really play 2k14 at all so first time seeing this. Played the hell out of 2k13.

Sigh this isn't good. It really kills it for me. Sure I can play off my defender and such(still doesn't work well even playing off like that) and no I do not hold down turbo, but your guy acts like Allen Iverson just crossed up MJ. If I got crossed up ok, but they are just dribbling normally moving to one side of the court and my guy takes 3 or 4 steps away from him and he has an open lane to the basket. And they can't say its momentum because no one moves like that. And it's not just them with the ball, its them off ball. Your guy just moves all over the place. It's soooo weird. Like how did they not notice this?

If someone has an idea of how to help in this, I'm all ears. I just want to play the game because other than that, the rest of it feels really good.
They say don't use turbo, but it seems like that's the only way to keep up cause the computer just runs right by you. I can keep up most of the time but I don't want to be token out of a play for no apparent reason just cause the player your controlling is moving way to much.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Yeah this was a real issue last year as well. 2k claimed to fix it but it's not at all
Its worse this year ....defensively last year was much smoother
Old 10-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Have you tried to tone down the "assist D" slider?
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »