Home

NBA 2K15 MyGM Diary: The Offseason

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyGM Diary: The Offseason within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #17
Rookie

Kentucky_Wildcat23's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
My observations so far is that teams do a MUCH better job re-signing their stars that are still in their prime than previous versions of NBA 2K. And I have yet to see any blockbuster trades that didn't make sense.

For example, LeBron gets re-signed by Cleveland in the couple MyGM sims I've done. Have not seen Durant, Westbrook, Lillard, Harden, etc. move from their teams. However, I have seen older stars move/not resigned.

On the flip side, Rajon Rondo, for example, was not resigned by the Celts. Also saw Jokim Noah not resigned by the Bulls and sign somewhere else after a couple years of simming. But both of those guys are past their prime and their skills start to decline after the first season or two of progression. Al Jefferson is another, he got traded by the Hornets to the Lakers, pretty sure it was for a pick and Xavier Henry I think.
That's great to hear. Really that worry is all that's held me back from starting up a MyGM. Now that I know I'll be looking to get into one. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #18
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Wildcat23
That's great to hear. Really that worry is all that's held me back from starting up a MyGM. Now that I know I'll be looking to get into one. Thanks!
Absolutely, I spend about as much time team building and simulating in MyGM as I do in actual gameplay in this year's game. I will say that I have seen some bad trades on the other end of the spectrum. No specific examples, but especially during the draft you'll see teams trade picks along with a couple mediocre or even blow average players. That doesn't happen too often in real life. But better that than seeing a contending team give up a legitimate superstar just for a draft pick like we would see in previous 2k games.

Also, have not seen teams load up on multiple star players at the same position. Exception being Phoenix, with Dragic, Thomas, and Bledsoe all at PG, but that is their real roster so nothing can be done about that unless you edit the rosters before starting your GM. (Dragic has always been a free agent at the end of my first season, so logic is good about them not re-signing him even though he is an 80 something overall). I remember in 2k14 having Kemba walker rated about an 84, but coming off the bench in Charlotte, because the CPU GM signed Chris Paul. Haven't seen any silly move like that so far.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Great reading!
I love MyGM. It is so engaging that I can't play any other thing. I also have a doubt, this year. I have had K.Martin (I am using the Timberwolves) asking me to be in the five starter, since after a trade a left my coach to decide the minutes. I said "yes, you will be a starter" but I can't find the place where I can do that. I can change the minutes but nothing else. I remember in previous years, I could set up the five starters, the minutes and even the role of each player. How can I do that? He keeps dropping his morale. He is now 5 in morale. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #20
Rookie

Kentucky_Wildcat23's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
Great reading!
I love MyGM. It is so engaging that I can't play any other thing. I also have a doubt, this year. I have had K.Martin (I am using the Timberwolves) asking me to be in the five starter, since after a trade a left my coach to decide the minutes. I said "yes, you will be a starter" but I can't find the place where I can do that. I can change the minutes but nothing else. I remember in previous years, I could set up the five starters, the minutes and even the role of each player. How can I do that? He keeps dropping his morale. He is now 5 in morale. Any suggestions? Thank you.
I thought that the option to do that was in the same place you change the minutes. I believe you just select your current PF starter and switch him with Martin. If I'm reading this correctly.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
When I try to do that it is not changing the player at all. I can change the minutes but not the position of the players. I know that it doesn't make a lot of sense but it is happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #22
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K15 MyGM Diary: The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Yeah, I SimCast until the end of closer games and try to pull it out. If its a blowout with the result decided I just let it go. It's a system I used to use in College Hoops back in the day. The better management options in SimCast make it much better now though!
Same here.....and now you remind me of CH 2k8....tears in my eyes ..... i love that game...i hope 2k will still produce that in the near future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »