Home

How do you gameplan in Simcast?

This is a discussion on How do you gameplan in Simcast? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
How do you gameplan in Simcast?

I'm just curious how you guys gameplan for those of you that use Simcast. Like if you go over the opposing teams lineup, and you see alot of players that have good 3 pt shooting grades, does that mean you change your defensive plan to "Limit Perimeter Shooting"?

Or if you have opposing players that are good with inside shooting or mid shooting, then you change to "Protect the Paint"?

What about offensive schemes? How do I know whether I should run the Pick n Roll, Play Through Star (even though it doesn't let you select the star player), Get to the Basket or Get Shooters Open?

What do you guys do if you start losing by halftime? How do you make adjustments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How do you gameplan in Simcast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'm just curious how you guys gameplan for those of you that use Simcast. Like if you go over the opposing teams lineup, and you see alot of players that have good 3 pt shooting grades, does that mean you change your defensive plan to "Limit Perimeter Shooting"?

Or if you have opposing players that are good with inside shooting or mid shooting, then you change to "Protect the Paint"?

What about offensive schemes? How do I know whether I should run the Pick n Roll, Play Through Star (even though it doesn't let you select the star player), Get to the Basket or Get Shooters Open?

What do you guys do if you start losing by halftime? How do you make adjustments?
This was my question here (#12) - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...estions-2.html

Like you, I assume the same thing that if my opponent has the strength in attacking the basket, i use protect the paint and if my opponent is good in Low ppost, then I use the Lowpost D. The only problem is that if my team is poor on those areas then I am doom

But how i wish they could explain further the meaning of Neutral Offense/defense, physical d etc and what they are good for?

I usually use scout and go by opposing teams, there we could see the strength and weakness. Then you go to the coaching, gameplan for each team and make necessary adjustment. OR in the SIMcast, press L1/R1 to go to POE and make necessary adjustment.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0

I almost always start the game with my default strategies, with some minor tweaks. Then, as th game goes on, I make mor adjustments. If they are shooting a high 3pt%, then I will change to Limit Perimiter Shots. If they are scoring too many fast break pts, I will change to Patient Offense to try to counter. It all depends on how the game flows. And if I am winning, I usually do not change them because if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 10-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Appreciate the responses guys. I also noticed that if I do Simcast I don't get any VC for the games cause it's only for played games.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Appreciate the responses guys. I also noticed that if I do Simcast I don't get any VC for the games cause it's only for played games.
Yea you're correct. So i get my VC in myC. That's ok with me though....at least I am playing myGM as being the GM and not worry about being a player or being a coach
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »