Home

PSA: Important Information Regarding Save Reset Bug

This is a discussion on PSA: Important Information Regarding Save Reset Bug within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Exclamation PSA: Important Information Regarding Save Reset Bug

I've had a small number of reports from users where their MyLEAGUE/MyGM save would reset when in their save and visiting the team select screen after selecting "Play Game" or loading an in-game save.

This is caused because of an edge-case bug that occurs when you select a custom roster using the Y/Triangle button in Quick Game. If that's one of the last things you did (independent of whether you played the quick game or not) before you load your MyGM/MyLEAGUE save, then it is possible that visiting the team select menu in your save might reset it.

To avoid this from happening, DO NOT load a MyGM/MyLEAGUE save after using a custom roster in quick game. Restart the game completely by closing the application and starting it again in between.

UPDATE: A user notified me to the fact that this is also happening if you use a Custom Roster in the Team Select screen for a Freestyle or other practice. So let me generalize this and say that if outside of a game-mode you've selected a Custom Roster in Team Select via the Y/Triangle button, DO NOT load your MyGM/MyLEAGUE saves without restarting the game.

This should not affect anyone that doesn't use custom rosters for quick game. In any run of the game where you didn't use a custom roster in quick game, you're not at risk of having your MyGM/MyLEAGUE save reset.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and are looking to have this fixed without the need for a workaround as soon as possible.

I have to personally thank the community members that helped me track down this rare bug. Your help is immensely appreciated. Again, apologies.
Novato, CA, USA

Last edited by Leftos; 10-26-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: PSA: Important Information Regarding Save Reset Bug

Thanks for the Info Leftos. This should be STICKIED.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-24-2014, 12:05 AM   #3
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I've had a small number of reports from users where their MyLEAGUE/MyGM save would reset when in their save and visiting the team select screen after selecting "Play Game" or loading an in-game save.

This is caused because of an edge-case bug that occurs when you select a custom roster using the Y/Triangle button in Quick Game. If that's one of the last things you did (independent of whether you played the quick game or not) before you load your MyGM/MyLEAGUE save, then it is possible that visiting the team select menu in your save might reset it.

To avoid this from happening, DO NOT load a MyGM/MyLEAGUE save after using a custom roster in quick game. Restart the game completely by closing the application and starting it again in between.

This should not affect anyone that doesn't use custom rosters for quick game. In any run of the game where you didn't use a custom roster in quick game, you're not at risk of having your MyGM/MyLEAGUE save reset.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and are looking to have this fixed without the need for a workaround as soon as possible.

I have to personally thank the community members that helped me track down this rare bug. Your help is immensely appreciated. Again, apologies.
Not only did it happen to me, it turned my franchise into a DIFFERENT franchise. Became a 76ers MyLeague instead of the Hornets. I had just started that Hornets one and never started a Philly one so I was confused but found it hysterical. Thanks for clarification.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:16 AM   #4
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks for the heads-up, Leftos.

This is another reason I stick with 2K: Their programmers actually give a darn about us.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Does this happen when you use a custom roster for MyLeague?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Great communication.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Does this happen when you use a custom roster for MyLeague?
Merely starting a MyLEAGUE with a custom roster won't cause this. But if you use a custom roster to play a Quick Game at any point, it doesn't matter what roster you used to start your MyLEAGUE, you should NOT go into your MyGM/MyLEAGUE save without completely closing the game and restarting it.

If that isn't clear enough, let me know and I'll try to clarify further.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Leftos when you say "reset" are you talking about the custom rosters resetting to default while your in myleague or the standings resetting to 0 eventho you played or simulated games, or all the above?

Just want to know if this is the same bug I ran into in my myleague.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »