Home

One of the best things about the Park's "Got Next"

This is a discussion on One of the best things about the Park's "Got Next" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: One of the best things about the Park's "Got Next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
If only other games hadn't done it better with spectator modes decades before 2K decided to create their mode.. something that didn't require you to wait.

It's not like you couldn't watch people play from Twitch either..
Yeah, I don't know what their obsession is with "got next" either. It's obviously causing a ton of issues. Just make queuing for the park like a quick game and leave spectating as an option below "enter queue".
Old 10-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #10
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johhnywave
Watching NBA players ball is one thing (fun, done it, and would do it again).

Watching NBA players play a video game... Er, whatever. I'd rather play the game myself then watch them play.

It wasn't the watching. It was being able to line up and play against them. If you want to compare RL to games, why have video games at all if that's the case.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #11
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
One of the best things about the Park's "Got Next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
If only other games hadn't done it better with spectator modes decades before 2K decided to create their mode.. something that didn't require you to wait.

It's not like you couldn't watch people play from Twitch either..

Wait. Decades? What other sports video game has this? This statement makes no sense: if you are spectating, then by that very definition, you are waiting.

Again: THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ON QUEUING. I already said that there should be an option to just get into a quick game with your MP. It's just not The Park. You want another mode. Or a queuing option in the Park. Agreed.

My point was that if you actually want to play against a celeb, you can explicitly do it. Apparently, based on all the dudes waiting to play, that's something people want to do. Again, when PG logs in on Tuesday, people will be lining up to play with or against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
if this is one of the best reasons to have the got next spot than it shows you why the got next spot is a bad idea and needs to be taken out.

There is no substance behind this statement. What is the problem with being able to queue a game with a specific group or person?

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-25-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wait. Decades? What other sports video game has this? This statement makes no sense: if you are spectating, then by that very definition, you are waiting.
Pretty much any FPS game since the dawn of the internet has had this. So do a lot of RTS games. Why would being a sport game be a special case? And by what absurd definition does being a spectator have to include waiting?

Quote:
There is no substance behind this statement. What is the problem with being able to queue a game with a specific group or person?
Being able to queue and being forced to wait absurd amounts of time to play a game are two different things.

Quote:
My point was that if you actually want to play against a celeb, you can explicitly do it. Apparently, based on all the dudes waiting to play, that's something people want to do. Again, when PG logs in on Tuesday, people will be lining up to play with or against him.
That may be great for you, but meanwhile people just trying to play are always forced to wait forever even if there's nothing from the celebrity obsessed culture to witness.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #13
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0

holy chicken nuggets im on allstar 3 and getting to legends will be a pain in the butt my rep meter is moving up like a centimeter and im getting B+ and A grades lol. (this is from rec center games BTW) i can only imagine what it will be like trying to reach legends 2 and beyond

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »