Home

So 2k, when will the scripted game play end?

This is a discussion on So 2k, when will the scripted game play end? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So 2k, when will the scripted game play end?

I do believe there are no scripts but I also believe the computer decides when somebody goes on a run.

I just played a game last night with some friends. I was playing one guy and I was clearly the better player with a better gameplan and getting better shots. I felt no threat from him what so ever and i was shooting 65% going into the 4th.

Computer assistance kicks in and this guy goes on this insane run making fadeaway jumpers, side way jumpers, glitching through my defense and dunking on everybody. It was absolutely nuts. Meanwhile i never got out my offense and kept working the ball around to get wide open shots only to brick. I'm breaking his players down in isolation with sick dribbles moves only to have my player do some wierd glitch animation and miss the lay up. Had a rebound get sucked through the hand of my player (who was in perfect positon) and into the hand of the the other teams forward who then put back in for a easy layup.

Don't get me starting on the passing when the computer decides to give the opposing team a run... Pretty ugly to say the least, passing in general is broken.

I won the game on a lob from the sideline with 0.5 seconds left right after he just made a layup with 0.5 left.

I do believe the AI wanted an exciting outcome. I've called this many times while playing 2K, you can just tell when the AI is turning in Hyde. You have to use times and limit passing the ball as bad as that sounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

LOL I had a similar situation with my homie yesterday. He's at home, and i'm playing great. up by like 12 to 14 points most of the game. 1st quarter, 67 % shooting. Not cheese just moving dat rock and getting great shots. 2nd. we moved down to 47%. We were humanized but still great. 3rd, back up to 51% even after a huge run, we go into the fourth up 9. In the final quarte he shoots 65%, I shoot 20%... I was 2 for 10. Even with 5 steals in the fourth (0) points off steals he defeated me by 9. I said... I aint even mad. LOL

heelphreak, I don't think he was lying, but it happens tooo often. Beluba said something about the Coach, having an effect on the game as well, which could be effecting the runs. But there's definitely a pull.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:25 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

CPU only goes on runs when don't focus after obtaining a big lead. Sounds about right.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #28
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBartender
I do believe there are no scripts but I also believe the computer decides when somebody goes on a run.

I just played a game last night with some friends. I was playing one guy and I was clearly the better player with a better gameplan and getting better shots. I felt no threat from him what so ever and i was shooting 65% going into the 4th.

Computer assistance kicks in and this guy goes on this insane run making fadeaway jumpers, side way jumpers, glitching through my defense and dunking on everybody. It was absolutely nuts. Meanwhile i never got out my offense and kept working the ball around to get wide open shots only to brick. I'm breaking his players down in isolation with sick dribbles moves only to have my player do some wierd glitch animation and miss the lay up. Had a rebound get sucked through the hand of my player (who was in perfect positon) and into the hand of the the other teams forward who then put back in for a easy layup.

Don't get me starting on the passing when the computer decides to give the opposing team a run... Pretty ugly to say the least, passing in general is broken.

I won the game on a lob from the sideline with 0.5 seconds left right after he just made a layup with 0.5 left.

I do believe the AI wanted an exciting outcome. I've called this many times while playing 2K, you can just tell when the AI is turning in Hyde. You have to use times and limit passing the ball as bad as that sounds.
This so much. I Also don't understand why contested shots fall from your opponent more when you have a nice lead . It's annoying . Yet you brick the easiest buckets with respect to ratings. And If that's not bad enough you get the most foolish animations that NBA level athletes would never do
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #29
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

He has CLEARLY said that there is no code that forces close games or comebacks. So you guys are basically calling him a liar. Just say so or move on. Either/or. Or should a mod just close this thread?
Old 10-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #30
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

And I quoted his post to agree that I don't believe in scripts but some instances I've noticed make me wonder ...

To combat this feeling 2k could improve on ball defense and improve the feeling of unresponsive animations especially when the defense tips the ball. Seems like the offense is always faster. That feels "scripted ". When you're working the ball for good looks and brick but your opponent comes down and hit a few contested shots To bring the lead down that too feels "scripted " When basic passes get fumbled or thrown out of bounds but your opponent is throwing crazy paint passes and full court heaves that too feels scripted . I'm not saying it is At all but 2k could improve with consistency in these areas.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 10-31-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 PM   #31
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
He has CLEARLY said that there is no code that forces close games or comebacks. So you guys are basically calling him a liar. Just say so or move on. Either/or. Or should a mod just close this thread?
This here

It's time to be a bit more mature here instead of low key calling the devs liars about their code, so unless you can decode it and post it for us to see for proof then please stop with this stuff man, its enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »