Home

So 2k, when will the scripted game play end?

This is a discussion on So 2k, when will the scripted game play end? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
So 2k, when will the scripted game play end?

I get that MyCareer is scripted, and always will be. The thing I don't like is scripted on-line games. For some reason in quick games you see it all the time to keep the game close. On MyTeam, the more wins you have the more crap you have to put up with. And I mean serious crap. I guess 2k does not want us to finish RTP fast because then what's the point getting the diamondz and best cards and whatnot. I digress, I just want to play a game where it comes down to skill. I don't think I will ever get that from this franchise.

Oh, and I can't forget about the park. That rubber band yo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: So 2k, when will the scripted game play end?

Played a lot of mycareer and one game last year I felt was scritped when I sat the whole 4th quarter and was subbed in to hit a game winner...

Never felt like the game was scripted. CPU goes on massive runs at times and unless I FORCE myself to stop and smoke a cig to cool I cant stop them but when I do, I just play calm and stop them in a possession or three.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Online is not scripted. How do you think they would implement something like that?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

2k14 on last gen was as bad as ever. While it's not as bad during the middle part of the game this year, teams still make every shot with under a minute or two left.

Please don't educate me on the whole "The real life NBA is full of runs" I get that, you don't have to educate me. But this game is full of 8-0 runs followed by the other player getting a 10-0 run themselves, and so on. The game is never balanced when it comes to these. These runs should come sparingly throughout the game. Instead they are nonstop.

Like I said though, last year was HORRIBLE when it came to the whole comeback momentum crap. I still think it's in this year's game, but to me it is toned down A LITTLE.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #5
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Its like they got field goal percentages set the same for both opponents. If you ever look at the amount of field goals made at the end of every game for online, you will see that you and your opponent always have around the same amount of field goals. Game definitely feels scripted to me as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #6
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

To say online is scripted is to say that your opponent is getting an unfair advantage by the CPU, and in result, not earning or deserving of the win.

With that being said, it would be safe to assume most of your online success has been viewed similar by the opponent you just beat. Online doesn't just work against you.

Seems like people lose, can't except it, so....

"it must be cheating."
Old 10-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
Pro

There is no scripting in the game and never was. There was only one game scripted last year in MC to hit the game winner.

The reason why everyone thinks the game is scripted is because of momentum. This year it needs to be dialed down a little more because with momentum you are unstoppable. On HOF every game is really tight because the CPU can recover from good momentum by hitting contested shots and if they get momentum, they play very good on offense and defense. The same is true for when you are subbed out in MC. If you build momentum with your team before you get subbed out, chances are you will come back in the game with a lead.

Notice next time when you are playing well on offense and the opposing CPU team isn't, how dominant you are on defense as well. Then notice how clueless your team is on defense when you are losing the game. 2K is all about momentum. Made shots, streaks, players and performance all relies on that mechanic.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #8
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Doesn't something have to start before it ends. There is no comeback or scripting. Get over it. There is a momentum mechanic to model real life hot streaks, and that's not scripting. It can be completely managed by the players. If you opponent gets on a run, you better start using your timeouts or locking down on defense. If you start missing shots, slow it down and get the open looks. It's that simple.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »