Home

2k15 Defensive Settings and PnR Defense Explained (video) - Sam Pham

This is a discussion on 2k15 Defensive Settings and PnR Defense Explained (video) - Sam Pham within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
2k15 Defensive Settings and PnR Defense Explained (video) - Sam Pham

Hello OS ! Sam Pham here ^_^

As I have gotten more playing time with 2k15, I am beginning to understand Defensive Settings better. The following video shows what each setting looks like when guarding the PnR attack. When they are properly combined with user control, defensive settings such as SCREEN and HEDGE can create some awesome (maybe even REALISTIC) PnR defense moments

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R65Uj...ature=youtu.be

*This is not meant to be the end all and be all; I am sure I will learn more as the months of gaming past by ^^

Sam Pham
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: 2k15 Defensive Settings and PnR Defense Explained (video) - Sam Pham

That was pretty good - thanks sam
Old 10-25-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

That's how I always defend pick and rolls as well. I'm still trying to get comfortable using Ice. It's supposed to be an easier defense but I just can't get used to forcing the ball handler away from the screen

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 10-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
That's how I always defend pick and rolls as well. I'm still trying to get comfortable using Ice. It's supposed to be an easier defense but I just can't get used to forcing the ball handler away from the screen
I will try to make a video on that next ^_^ Ice is a lot harder to manage because is situational yet once you set it to on in the settings, CPU defenders will ICE even though is a bad time to do it.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

love the offensive tips and plays you've put out so far. You are one of the few doing it for the community, so kudos.

That said, you're actually using incorrect phrasing. You may have it set to "hard hedge", but what you're doing in that vid is a soft hedge. A hard hedge would have the defending big out beyond the pick to make himself a obstacle for the ball-handler. And your last slow motion example was perfect for the pocket pass, its just 2k has slow roll transitions.

Regardless, the concepts you showed are generally some of the best ways to defend the pick and roll on this game.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-25-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
love the offensive tips and plays you've put out so far. You are one of the few doing it for the community, so kudos.

That said, you're actually using incorrect phrasing. You may have it set to "hard hedge", but what you're doing in that vid is a soft hedge. A hard hedge would have the defending big out beyond the pick to make himself a obstacle for the ball-handler. And your last slow motion example was perfect for the pocket pass, its just 2k has slow roll transitions.

Regardless, the concepts you showed are generally some of the best ways to defend the pick and roll on this game.
Thanks for the support ^_^ I agree with you completely on the slow roll by CPU big out of the PnR; that gameplay mechanic drives me NUTS. Only way to overcome it at times is to find plays where the roll man is predetermined to dive hard. A simple CIRCLE PnR just won't cut it.

Yeah CPU defender will never deliever a full hard hedge; best we can hope for is they at least take a few steps further out and then we would have to manual adjust the rest of the way.

Sam Pham
Old 10-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4

Can you explain the Post settings in the defensive settings menu?
Old 10-25-2014, 11:24 PM   #8
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Great video Sam... I actually usually switch to the big in these situations and find it helps most of the time to prevent from losing the battle to the CPU most of the time, at least make them change up something they tried.

Im telling you man you need to hook up with Steve with these videos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »