Home

MyCareer: Coach Satisfaction

This is a discussion on MyCareer: Coach Satisfaction within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

OVR: 0
MyCareer: Coach Satisfaction

What am I supposed to do to actually not get downgraded every time my coach gives me a directive?

I play as a Center for the Suns and Jeff Hornacek told me to set picks to establish a PnR-play for us, so I set picks every time down the court and the satisfaction grade moves from C to D.

Next directive he told me to stop outside sgooting so I block the opponent 3 times in a row shooting threes but the grade moves to D-..

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? What's your experience with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 12:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Nymesis21's Arena

Re: MyCareer: Coach Satisfaction

I've noticed with me is if the coach asks to run the pick n roll, I usually have to score using it. I think with the outside shooting, the coach doesn't want people to even have a chance to shoot out, wants you to make them drive it instead

-August Burns Red
Old 10-26-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
Rookie

I generally ignore the coach directives and have never gotten lower than a C, so that's odd. Sometimes I get B's from randomly accomplishing the goals while trying to win, but never actually gotten docked.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #4
Pro

Watch the cut scenes where the coach explains specific goals. They are what they request.

Limit parimiter shots means you and your teammates will stay close to shooters at the parimiter to force them into a drive (any space this year means there is an open shot)

Run the fast break means if you aren't in a good position for an offensive board, immediately turn around and get your "good transition defense" bonus. You'll notice teammates won't go for ORB as much.

Run the pick and roll - self explanatory.

Run the offense through (player name) means teammates will try to get that shooter open by running play for him every time down the court, pass to the player as soon as he's open and wants to see that player continue scoring.

Shoot fast and early means single or double move shots early in the shot clock.

Patient offense is to keep the ball moving and/or run plays and take shots only when you hear the shot clock winding down.

Get the ball to the post will have the plays and teammates getting the ball to the C or PF for post moves.

Second chance points will have teammates crashing the boards on shots.

That's all I remember off the top of my head right now.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Nymesis21's Arena

There is also run offense through (enter name here). That one is hard for me, because usually it's either me or Bosh, and its hard for me to constantly score, and bosh only takes open shots, he makes them, but he won't hold to ball long enough to run the offense through him

-August Burns Red
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »