Home

MyLeague Challenges

This is a discussion on MyLeague Challenges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 12:32 AM   #1
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0
MyLeague Challenges

Sometimes I make challenges for myself to complete in games when I want to spice things up a bit. I'm sure we all do that. Mostly when we're bored. That's how the Nuzlocke Challenge started. (Kudos if you know what that is.)

Anyway, I was thinking up random challenges and I thought I'd make a list of them for ya'll to do too. If you're discussing your challenge progress, discuss in this thread.

Road to a Ring

This is much like connected career in Madden. You'll be using Player Lock on a player during your season.

Rules - Pick the player with the highest rating on any team of your choice. You have to play at least every divisional game during the regular season. Make any trades you wish. However, you'll only be playing for one season, so don't plan on stockpiling draft picks.

With the player you chose, lead your team to the Finals and a Championship within one season.

No second chances. It's a ring or bust.

If a player with a higher rating than the player you chose joins your team somehow, then you must switch to that player. Ex: You chose Michael Carter-Williams, but someone like Dwyane Wade joins the team.

You may use Legends and/or Euroleague teams.

For quick reference, here's a list with the highest rated players on every team at the moment(uninjured):

Spoiler

Implosion

Based on an idea JaoSming had. He's at 2K Sports now.

Anyway, Implosion simply requires you to make the worst team ever.

Rules:
  • Pick your favorite team, preferably, and release EVERYONE. Even the stars. Sign the lowest rated free agents available to replace them.
  • When the draft comes, draft the worst prospect available. Whoever is ranked 150 is who you should draft.
  • If you want to make it worse, hire terrible staff.
  • Your challenge ends when you successfully get a 0-82 record. The worst team in NBA history.
  • I recommend signing free agents all of one position. You're most likely to do worse with a full 15 man roster of trash point guards(some of which have to play center) than a roster filled with trash guys at each position.

Greatest Assembly

The exact opposite of implosion! Your challenge ends when you successfully build a team capable of going 82-0! It's not impossible, just very hard to do.You may end up on 2055 or something without competing this. Do whatever you have to do to accomplish it.

MyDynasty

This is a small challenge.

Win three titles in a row for a dynasty.

Win six within ten years to be named a supreme dynasty/all-time great team.

Legends as well as Euroleague teams can be used here.

"One More Shot"

The name is sad, I know.

Take any retired player who hasn't won a ring (Allen Iverson, Patrick Ewing, etc.) and insert them on the team of your choice. Win a championship with them on the roster.You may use a CAP of a legend not in the game if you wish.

You have to edit the age of the player you use to their current age. (Yao Ming = 34 years of age)

You may use Euroleague teams, but Legends teams are banned from this challenge.

Steve Nash doesn't count - yet.

Creating a Legend

We miss this mode 2K.

Select any player you want! Whether they be a rookie, a veteran, a legend, a euroleague player, trash, all-star, free agent, etc.! Play their career out with Player Lock.

Here's my twist. Your challenge ends when the player retires, but your challenge is only successful if the player makes the Hall of Fame. Don't take the easy way out and choose someone that's a lock for the Hall.

Better get to work.

Stuck in the Past

Some people are indeed, stuck in the past.

Pick any player that has been in the league for at least five years. Maybe, seven, to be safe.

Check their career history. You control the teams they've ever been on. Trade them back to the first team they played for. Then edit their age to 20 years old.

You have to follow their career as it played out.

Here's an example to clear things up. I did this with Ray Allen. Ray Allen started his career with the Bucks, so I assigned him to the Bucks. I then made him 20 years old again and started playing with player lock. He got traded in his seventh season to Seattle (OKC), so in 2023-2024, I'll trade him to the Thunder.

Can't be done with Legends or Euroleague teams, of course. Legends may work, but I'm not sure. Someone try and let me know how it went.

"I'm Coming Home"

Assign any player of your choosing to their hometown team. Play with them on player lock, or sim, until the NBA Finals. Your challenge ends when you win a title with them on their hometown team. Ex: Kevin Durant would need to win Finals MVP for the Wizards.

Just look up where a player's hometown is. You may use legends and Euroteams as well. Someone like Dirk would end up on Alba Berlin in this scenario anyway.

And that's all for now! If there's a challenge you do, I'll add it on here.

Also, if you like bragging rights, post proof you completed one of these and I'll add you to the Hall of Fame below.

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »