Home

Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

This is a discussion on Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #9
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
You're absolutely wrong because you somehow thing that Posterizer is the reason you get dunked on.. And it's not. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that, but it is NOT the reason you get dunked on and get sucked into contact animations. I said in my first post that my friend, who is a point guard, gets a ton of posters without the badge. Thanks for not reading the post. (I can play that condescending game as well). It happens with and without the badge, and you're wrong if you think otherwise. Continuing to complain about the damn badge doesn't make you any less wrong about that.

I'm sorry that you back up in the paint and get dunked on. It doesn't happen nearly as often if you know, actually play defense, and not back up into the charge circle. It happens MUCH less in Rec Center too. 90% of the time, it's your fault because you're too deep. I don't know what Rec Center you're playing in, but the one I'm playing in, when those dudes try those posters through traffic, it almost always gets sucked into a layup animation.. Unless, and this is a trend, you're too deep in the paint...

Posters are a problem, but it's because the dunk system is bad, not the Posterizer skill itself.
You're mad cocky for no reason bro. It's cool you got your opinion but you're not right.

Telling a center to "actually play d", oh I forgot a center guards the 2 guard in the paint..it's called help d. You clearly don't play center if you don't know that. If I come over for help d and instantly get posterized than that's a problem. You wanna play the "it's not the badge it's the system itself" game, it's the same thing. Stop arguing then. You don't get sucked into animations because you're the guard getting drived on, not the rim protector.

And no, it's not okay that a 95 dunk beats an 85 block. Just because someone's a good dunker doesn't negate all defense around him.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-26-2014, 05:33 AM   #10
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhpmE
Nah. Press square.
And you're telling me to fight cheese with cheese now? I should just get an instant strip because I refuse to actually play d? Nah, no thanks.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-26-2014, 05:52 AM   #11
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
You're mad cocky for no reason bro. It's cool you got your opinion but you're not right.

Telling a center to "actually play d", oh I forgot a center guards the 2 guard in the paint..it's called help d. You clearly don't play center if you don't know that. If I come over for help d and instantly get posterized than that's a problem. You wanna play the "it's not the badge it's the system itself" game, it's the same thing. Stop arguing then. You don't get sucked into animations because you're the guard getting drived on, not the rim protector.

And no, it's not okay that a 95 dunk beats an 85 block. Just because someone's a good dunker doesn't negate all defense around him.
The bold is hilarious. You literally argued for this entire thread that it's the badge causing the animations, when it's obviously not, and then try to flip it around when it's shown that you are completely wrong about that part. Nice job.

No 3 second calls in the park means offensive bigs play deeper in the paint naturally, which in turn means defensive bigs play deeper in the paint, which means bigs get posterized more. Every single argument case you try to make in the end goes back to "you're too deep in the paint". Help D or not. If the defender is standing UNDER the basket, and the offense player has a full head of steam with a launching point, the defender is getting dunked on. That's not just a video game, that's basketball. You don't defend shots from under the rim. In real life, perimeter defenders aren't getting blown by 90% of the time because of bad perimeter defenders like what happens in this game. But if Roy Hibbert stood inside the charge circle, and let Russell Westbrook go full speed at him, you best believe Hibbert is getting dunked on. You can shout Help D all you want, but Help D is picking up the man before he even gets to the paint, not as they're taking off because they just blew past their man on the wing and are already at the rim..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #12
Rookie

Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

It's a problem plain and simple. Happens way too often and that's why I refuse to even upgrades mines from bronze since I'm already dunking on people a lot more as a 6' PG.

I wouldn't mind it being removed actually, but doubt it happens so it should be nerfed a lot. You rarely see poster dunks in basketball.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #13
Rookie

I don't know about this one. In my experience so far posters in general is not a big deal. I block dunks all the time and if anything after a few blocks players end up taking jumpshots. I did get posterize an couple of times at the park but not yet at the rec center. To me it not really a big issue and if anyone is wondering I play as a 7'3 center with like 60 blocking.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #14
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

Okay listen first off all the park is the park.. Posters are going to happen regardless. However Rec is a different story, The 2nd poster was right about the 95 dunk/vert.
When I first got the game I didn't know much about the skill setups so i maxed athleticism just cause I was too slow, but once you max athleticism you can dunk whenever in the park. ( I know this first hand without posterizer).
However rec was a diff story I can never get a poster on anyone in the rec.(I'm a 6'3 PG) I think it's just a matter of settings honestly.

I think taking it out or nerfing it to oblivion (Like PnR) is too much, as i'm more of a have fun with the game type of guy rather than a sim head.
My main thing is why does everyone want the Park to be Sim? it's meant to be NBA Street 2K15 lol..
Old 10-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
Okay listen first off all the park is the park.. Posters are going to happen regardless. However Rec is a different story, The 2nd poster was right about the 95 dunk/vert.
When I first got the game I didn't know much about the skill setups so i maxed athleticism just cause I was too slow, but once you max athleticism you can dunk whenever in the park. ( I know this first hand without posterizer).
However rec was a diff story I can never get a poster on anyone in the rec.(I'm a 6'3 PG) I think it's just a matter of settings honestly.

I think taking it out or nerfing it to oblivion (Like PnR) is too much, as i'm more of a have fun with the game type of guy rather than a sim head.
My main thing is why does everyone want the Park to be Sim? it's meant to be NBA Street 2K15 lol..
Park you can trigger posterizer-like animations without the badge sometimes, but they don't always go down...with posterizer, you will always get the animation...
which leads to rec center..
less posters without posterizer, but the same animations at the same rate with the badge equipped.

I would know because half of my squad has it and tells me when it happens..if I recognize a problem happening that benefits me, it's sad to see anyone argue against it.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #16
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The bold is hilarious. You literally argued for this entire thread that it's the badge causing the animations, when it's obviously not, and then try to flip it around when it's shown that you are completely wrong about that part. Nice job.

No 3 second calls in the park means offensive bigs play deeper in the paint naturally, which in turn means defensive bigs play deeper in the paint, which means bigs get posterized more. Every single argument case you try to make in the end goes back to "you're too deep in the paint". Help D or not. If the defender is standing UNDER the basket, and the offense player has a full head of steam with a launching point, the defender is getting dunked on. That's not just a video game, that's basketball. You don't defend shots from under the rim. In real life, perimeter defenders aren't getting blown by 90% of the time because of bad perimeter defenders like what happens in this game. But if Roy Hibbert stood inside the charge circle, and let Russell Westbrook go full speed at him, you best believe Hibbert is getting dunked on. You can shout Help D all you want, but Help D is picking up the man before he even gets to the paint, not as they're taking off because they just blew past their man on the wing and are already at the rim..
Do you even play basketball? It's not about athleticism it's about size. 6'3 200 lbs vs. 7'2 280 lbs, big centers will never get straight up dunked on by smaller guys because of size..once in a while they get caught but it doesn't even happen every game irl.

No one's flipping anything anyway, posterizer ANIMATIONS trigger regardless of the badge or not..the badge only intensifies an animation YOU GET STUCK IN. So you're okay with being stuck in animations?

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »