Home

Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

This is a discussion on Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The bold is hilarious. You literally argued for this entire thread that it's the badge causing the animations, when it's obviously not, and then try to flip it around when it's shown that you are completely wrong about that part. Nice job.

No 3 second calls in the park means offensive bigs play deeper in the paint naturally, which in turn means defensive bigs play deeper in the paint, which means bigs get posterized more. Every single argument case you try to make in the end goes back to "you're too deep in the paint". Help D or not. If the defender is standing UNDER the basket, and the offense player has a full head of steam with a launching point, the defender is getting dunked on. That's not just a video game, that's basketball. You don't defend shots from under the rim. In real life, perimeter defenders aren't getting blown by 90% of the time because of bad perimeter defenders like what happens in this game. But if Roy Hibbert stood inside the charge circle, and let Russell Westbrook go full speed at him, you best believe Hibbert is getting dunked on. You can shout Help D all you want, but Help D is picking up the man before he even gets to the paint, not as they're taking off because they just blew past their man on the wing and are already at the rim..
I agree with all of this and I would add that the real problem is that it is difficult to play perimeter defense, so guys are getting beat off the dribble all the time and big men who sit under the basket are getting crowned.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #18
Rookie

By the way I just watched a Steve Francis mixtape he was listed as 6'3 210 but was probably closer to 6'1 or 6'2 and he put many of big men on posters.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #19
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Just played against a Rough Rider team where the dude just posterized our team for 13 of the 16 points. Tried pressing X/square to rip the ball and nothing. So damn frustrating.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #20
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Just played against a Rough Rider team where the dude just posterized our team for 13 of the 16 points. Tried pressing X/square to rip the ball and nothing. So damn frustrating.
Yea, it is frustrating. Even more frustrating when people don't think it's a problem lol.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #21
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidobrown
By the way I just watched a Steve Francis mixtape he was listed as 6'3 210 but was probably closer to 6'1 or 6'2 and he put many of big men on posters.
I never said it doesn't happen..how many times in a single game does it happen though?

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #22
Pro

Clappington's Arena

The Badge and just naturally dunking is bad period between you doing the wrong dunks and getting blocked then you got rough riders who are 7'0 maxed out dunking on everyone when they have poster but also there has been lots of times when someone without it tries to dunk on someone it wont work out that well maybe like 3/10 tries but with poster its a good 8/10 successful contact dunks.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #23
Rookie

wise walrus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yea, it is frustrating. Even more frustrating when people don't think it's a problem lol.
Take the time to get eraser and learn how to actually help side block and it's not an issue. 7'0 center and I block guards All the time. You get postered every once in a while but not nearly as often as you make it out to be.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #24
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Why can bigs keep up with guards defensively

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 10-26-2014 at 06:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »