Home

Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

This is a discussion on Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The bold is hilarious. You literally argued for this entire thread that it's the badge causing the animations, when it's obviously not, and then try to flip it around when it's shown that you are completely wrong about that part. Nice job.

No 3 second calls in the park means offensive bigs play deeper in the paint naturally, which in turn means defensive bigs play deeper in the paint, which means bigs get posterized more. Every single argument case you try to make in the end goes back to "you're too deep in the paint". Help D or not. If the defender is standing UNDER the basket, and the offense player has a full head of steam with a launching point, the defender is getting dunked on. That's not just a video game, that's basketball. You don't defend shots from under the rim. In real life, perimeter defenders aren't getting blown by 90% of the time because of bad perimeter defenders like what happens in this game. But if Roy Hibbert stood inside the charge circle, and let Russell Westbrook go full speed at him, you best believe Hibbert is getting dunked on. You can shout Help D all you want, but Help D is picking up the man before he even gets to the paint, not as they're taking off because they just blew past their man on the wing and are already at the rim..
Your arguments are based off of statements that you're making for him... WHy are you telling him that he plays right under the rim? You don't always match other centers, and even when you do, they can usually still shoot.. So your idea that he literally stands right under the rim the whole game is dumb. And you're trying really hard just to argue, I understand that it isn't just the badge itself.. But when you pair high ratings with the badge it can get a little absurd. You DO get forced into an animation. There's nothing you can do about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #26
Rookie

It's not the badge that's the problem I could posterize people just as easy without the badge as when I got it
Old 10-26-2014, 11:14 PM   #27
Pro

I have to agree with the second poster here. It's not Posterizer that is really imbalanced, it is dunking in general. Any 90+ dunker can contact dunk on anyone. Posterizer can still be blocked. All it does is allows the dunker to go up instead of being forced to lay it up on a drive where the big is the only one there. In other words, if you get around and catch the C slightly off guard, instead of landing a finger roll, the slasher will dunk on him instead.

However, I agree that the animation is a bit meh. Even in MC, I feel like I cheated the CPU when I am on a fast break and start the dunk 10 feet from the paint and the animation causes him to slide by him. Then I remember how cheap HOF CPU is and I get over it quickly. I can see how annoying it could be in the reck center though.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #28
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise walrus
Take the time to get eraser and learn how to actually help side block and it's not an issue. 7'0 center and I block guards All the time. You get postered every once in a while but not nearly as often as you make it out to be.
Okay I'll take more time to get the eraser badge even tho I block 4 shots a game and have played 40 games now lol...

Online I can get lots of blocks too...I have absolutely zero trouble playing and winning games. All I'm saying is I play with people that have posterizer and against them and it's extremely overpowered imo. I can easily get weakside blocks when I'm not the one trapped in the animation but if I'm on a team of 6'8 or under guys who can help me when I'm the one trapped?
It's fundamental, there shouldn't be animations that trap a defender.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #29
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

If I could edit the title I would change it to:

Petition to Nerf Posterizer Animations

Is that better? So we aren't arguing semantics on here..

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #30
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

I think it's pretty noticeable with the twolves on hall of fame default as well. Wiggins has a 95 (?) dunk rating but no posterizer whereas lavine has a similar dunk rating with posterizer. It's tough to force your way in with wiggins which is how it should be, but lavine dunks on bigs often. He would go up for the dunk every time and probably miss 1 out of every 10 dunks in a single game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mikenoob; 10-27-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #31
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Please, anyone who plays My Park or Rec Center, can we get some attention to by far the worst part of online?

Whole games are taken over by a 6'2 point guard that can dunk over anything. It's almost unstoppable unless you have a big to get your big..and even then it's probably going to be a foul..

This mode would be a lot more balanced/enjoyable without posterizer.
Do you have a problem with the fact that you got dunked on or the fact that you got scored on in general? Posterized just means you were going to get scored on anyways, your opponent just did it in such a way to make you look silly. Do you think that the times you get posterized, the person dunking couldn't have scored with a layup? I understand the frustration with getting dunked on, but in my experience the posterize animation usually only happens when I'm caught out of position. 90% of the time that is because of server lag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #32
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeMRGeeX
Do you have a problem with the fact that you got dunked on or the fact that you got scored on in general? Posterized just means you were going to get scored on anyways, your opponent just did it in such a way to make you look silly. Do you think that the times you get posterized, the person dunking couldn't have scored with a layup? I understand the frustration with getting dunked on, but in my experience the posterize animation usually only happens when I'm caught out of position. 90% of the time that is because of server lag.
I have a problem with any scoring animation that sucks me in and makes the 1 on 1 confrontation unguardable.

If someone comes and and hits me with a euro, and I go left while he flips it to the right...nice move.
If he posts me up, shimmys, and hits a fader? I shouldn't block that.

But if a guard crosses my guard, then I slide into position for help and get sucked into a poster animation (whether it's because he has posterizer or not) it's annoying I can't do anything about it.
Honestly if it would even let me just foul him I wouldn't care; I'd rather see a foul than a missed dunk in that case.

I'm not talking about when I'm out of position, I'm talking solely when I'm already there and my help d gets negated by flashy offense.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »