Home

Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

This is a discussion on Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 02:51 AM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

Please, anyone who plays My Park or Rec Center, can we get some attention to by far the worst part of online?

Whole games are taken over by a 6'2 point guard that can dunk over anything. It's almost unstoppable unless you have a big to get your big..and even then it's probably going to be a foul..

This mode would be a lot more balanced/enjoyable without posterizer.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 03:09 AM   #2
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Petition to Nerf/Remove Posterizer

I think you overestimate the value of Posterizer.

One of my IRL friends that I rarely play with gets 2-3 poster dunks a game, without the missed poster animations where you throw the ball out of bounds basically, and every time he does it he always says "Just imagine if I had posterizer".

It's not a problem with posterizer, it's a problem with user defense backing up too far under the rim and setting themselves up for a dunk.

Also, Athlete is usually one of the first things that Park players max, so that instantly puts them at 95 dunk, along with the casual setting of the park and the ease of dunks in general. Dunks are easy without the badge.

Last edited by DakkoN; 10-26-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I think you overestimate the value of Posterizer.

One of my IRL friends that I rarely play with gets 2-3 poster dunks a game, without the missed poster animations where you throw the ball out of bounds basically, and every time he does it he always says "Just imagine if I had posterizer".

It's not a problem with posterizer, it's a problem with user defense backing up too far under the rim and setting themselves up for a dunk.

Also, Athlete is usually one of the first things that Park players max, so that instantly puts them at 95 dunk, along with the casual setting of the park and the ease of dunks in general. Dunks are easy without the badge.
I'm usually not like this on here, but no. You're 100% wrong.

In park, playing as a center, no guard should get a poster animation every time he gets a step on someone. Does Westbrook posterize Hibbert every time he drives?

Dunks are not easy, my center gets blocked from behind by guards because I don't have posterizer and get animations.
If I try to put someone on a poster? I throw it off the backboard.

If 2K wants this to be their new crew mode than why should we sit back and not address an issue?

Getting stuck in an animation is a problem..period. And a scoring one at that? Yea I'm gonna try and get attention to it.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-26-2014, 03:57 AM   #4
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

I'd love to know how I'm 100% wrong when nothing I said was wrong. Everything that you are complaining about, can happen regardless if you have Posterizer or not. Poster animations happen with and without Posterizer, and frequently at that.

95 Dunk + Casual game setting = Poster animation dunks, point blank period. Hell, Landry Fields and his whopping 65 dunk just postered Sam Dalembert in my career. Pretty sure that he doesn't have Posterizer... Or any badge for that matter. It literally has nothing to do with Posterizer. Posterizer increases the frequency that it happens, but it happens ALOT without the skill BECAUSE of people maxing Athlete and the park being on Casual.

I find it comical that you think 2K wants their 3 on 3 streetball mode to be their Crew mode and thus should be sim style or whatever in the hell. That is 100% the reason that the Jordan Rec Center was put in the game. Park was put in for people who watch nothing but Sportscenter highlights and think that every play in basketball is a dunk or 3 pointer and want to trash talk you the whole way.

You are 100% wrong.

Last edited by DakkoN; 10-26-2014 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:08 AM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I'd love to know how I'm 100% wrong when nothing I said was wrong. Everything that you are complaining about, can happen regardless if you have Posterizer or not. Poster animations happen with and without Posterizer, and frequently at that.

95 Dunk + Casual game setting = Poster animation dunks, point blank period. Hell, Landry Fields and his whopping 65 dunk just postered Sam Dalembert in my career. Pretty sure that he doesn't have Posterizer... Or any badge for that matter. It literally has nothing to do with Posterizer. Posterizer increases the frequency that it happens, but it happens ALOT without the skill BECAUSE of people maxing Athlete and the park being on Casual.

I find it comical that you think 2K wants their 3 on 3 streetball mode to be their Crew mode and thus should be sim style or whatever in the hell. That is 100% the reason that the Jordan Rec Center was put in the game. Park was put in for people who watch nothing but Sportscenter highlights and think that every play in basketball is a dunk or 3 pointer and want to trash talk you the whole way.

You are 100% wrong.
No, you're still wrong. Thanks for not reading the original post and thinking you're right though.

People with posterizer go up and finish their attempts, it's worse in park but I said it's in rec center too on sim settings so obviously it's an issue.

I have an 85 block on a 7'2 center getting sucked into animations from guys half my size. That's a problem. Posterizer compounds the problem..so how am I wrong? Please tell me what's wrong about a truthful statement?

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #6
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

You're absolutely wrong because you somehow thing that Posterizer is the reason you get dunked on.. And it's not. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that, but it is NOT the reason you get dunked on and get sucked into contact animations. I said in my first post that my friend, who is a point guard, gets a ton of posters without the badge. Thanks for not reading the post. (I can play that condescending game as well). It happens with and without the badge, and you're wrong if you think otherwise. Continuing to complain about the damn badge doesn't make you any less wrong about that.

I'm sorry that you back up in the paint and get dunked on. It doesn't happen nearly as often if you know, actually play defense, and not back up into the charge circle. It happens MUCH less in Rec Center too. 90% of the time, it's your fault because you're too deep. I don't know what Rec Center you're playing in, but the one I'm playing in, when those dudes try those posters through traffic, it almost always gets sucked into a layup animation.. Unless, and this is a trend, you're too deep in the paint...

Posters are a problem, but it's because the dunk system is bad, not the Posterizer skill itself.

Last edited by DakkoN; 10-26-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:49 AM   #7
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

You also keep mentioning stuff like height that are completely irrelevant. It's 100% based on ratings. You keep talking about your center missing the same dunks that these guys do, but you don't even say what your driving dunk rating is at, which is the key component for the poster dunks. 95 quickness and speed, and 95 driving dunk, which the majority of serious park players have, beat out your 85 block. It's not rocket surgery.If you have level 20 Athlete, you WILL poster people, often, and without your "overpowered" badge.

Last edited by DakkoN; 10-26-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:05 AM   #8
Rookie

Nah. Press square.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »