Home

Switching "Overall" to "Energy" would be HUGE

This is a discussion on Switching "Overall" to "Energy" would be HUGE within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Switching "Overall" to "Energy" would be HUGE

Is there anyway we can get the "overall" ratings on the In-Game sub switched to back "Energy" in a patch or something. It would be SO helpful to know how tired your players are without having to interrupt the game by calling a time out or pressing start every time. Its so annoying. A little thing like that can really help us who do manual subs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Pro

jpshua15's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Switching "Overall" to "Energy" would be HUGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
Is there anyway we can get the "overall" ratings on the In-Game sub switched to back "Energy" in a patch or something. It would be SO helpful to know how tired your players are without having to interrupt the game by calling a time out or pressing start every time. Its so annoying. A little thing like that can really help us who do manual subs.
I second this but I don't know if they can patch it

Fictional Draft Classes
PSN: shuab15
2015/#1: Fictional DC 1 (2015)
2016/#2:
2017/#3:
2018/#4:
2019/#5:

Official FDC Website: http://nba2k15fdc.wix.com/nba2k15fdc
Old 10-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

I don't understand why this was takin out. Calling timeout or pausing just to find out how tired your players are? Its the samething if you want to sub someone back in.

If I have a 70 stamina center I would like to be able to manage him in the on the fly sub screen. Not pausing over and over again.

Last edited by haloofduty; 10-26-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree but underneath your player it shows their energy bar, you can easily notice it when you sprint. However I agree it would be much easier if they went back to the old way
Old 10-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I think this was a intentional design decision. It forces you to know your team.

At first I disliked it but now I think it is better and more realistic.

Now I never pause or call TO just to check energy levels. Figuring out how hard you can push a guy adds a new factor to team management.

It is similar to learning the shot timing of each player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think this was a intentional design decision. It forces you to know your team.

At first I disliked it but now I think it is better and more realistic.

Now I never pause or call TO just to check energy levels. Figuring out how hard you can push a guy adds a new factor to team management.

It is similar to learning the shot timing of each player.
^ might be true.
Most coaches sub by rotation rather then "who's tired"...
example..If Rose tells his coach tibs he's tired tibs is going to tell him to suck it up LOL...

Also, I don't know if this glitch is in but if you call back-to-back timeouts your players get more energy
Old 10-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
^ might be true.
Most coaches sub by rotation rather then "who's tired"...
example..If Rose tells his coach tibs he's tired tibs is going to tell him to suck it up LOL...

Also, I don't know if this glitch is in but if you call back-to-back timeouts your players get more energy
Not to get sidetracked but Tibs would take him out and get on his case a little bit on the bench/locker room. If a coach tells a guy to suck it up I hope that coach is okay with needless fouls.

But you are right in that coaches typically sub by rotation and not "play til you get tired."

But for the first 10 games or so in MyGM I was figuring out my team in terms of rotations and minutes allotment. It makes that aspect of team management feel more organic. Around midseason I will compare player's MPG with career stats and see how they stack up. I am pretty sure I could be giving Gortat a couple more minutes of play time but it seems to be working for the team. Might be running Wall too hard though.

But by not easily knowing fatigue levels I feel like it adds meaning to the chemistry rating or something like that.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I don't understand why this was takin out. Calling timeout or pausing just to find out how tired your players are? Its the samething if you want to sub someone back in.

If I have a 70 stamina center I would like to be able to manage him in the on the fly sub screen. Not pausing over and over again.
Honestly, this is kinda realistic if you think about it (not saying that's always the best option).

Coaches can't just look at their players and tell exactly how tired they are. They just have to guess (for us, that would mean considering a player's stamina rating, what they've done, and how long they've been in), check with the player himself (either call a timeout or pause the game), or look for obvious signs that a player is REALLY tired (Gatorade logo).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »