Home

Passing to the roll man and not getting a turnover

This is a discussion on Passing to the roll man and not getting a turnover within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #17
Rookie

meccs's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Passing to the roll man and not getting a turnover

When you have the ball and you call for a PnR, what is the right way to do it? You wait until it is set and then immediately hold sprint and get around it or do you go around it and then hold sprint when driving to the basket?

Also what is the best offensive set (what do you guys usually use) for PnR? 4-1, Space the floor?
Old 10-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #18
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs
When you have the ball and you call for a PnR, what is the right way to do it? You wait until it is set and then immediately hold sprint and get around it or do you go around it and then hold sprint when driving to the basket?

Also what is the best offensive set (what do you guys usually use) for PnR? 4-1, Space the floor?

I usually will start moving slightly before they're set but not sprinting. I don't sprint until after a second or two after but I may be doing it wrong. I also will stay parallel to the roll man and try to get a clear pass to him but if it's not there I'll either pass to the wing or back out and try again. I'm working on trying not to force the ball.

I use the 4-1 and Space the floor offensive set. It's what Sam Pham recommends and his videos have taught me alot.

My biggest issue is that the roll man will look like he's open but when I pass it gets intercepted still. I just don't know the best way to pass to him.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #19
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
My biggest issue is that the roll man will look like he's open but when I pass it gets intercepted still. I just don't know the best way to pass to him.
The problem is that you have no control over what passing animation your guy does. I feel like it is unnecessary slow sometimes. I mean you would not get the ball up behind you head to make a quick pass and yet most of the time I do this "wind-up" animation to pass the ball.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:40 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

You need to establish the ball handler as a threat. Drive hard (but a little wide) to the rim and the pick defender will start helping more to cut off penetration.

Then you can hit the roller.

You cannot call PnR in the 1st quarter and expect the roll man to be consistently open.

The defense is not over powered and the solution is not to adjust sliders.

I run the PnR pretty well with Wall and have good success hitting the roll man for an easy dunk. But that is usually after I attack the rim with Wall multiple times.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #21
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

why is the PnR harder than alley oops..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70
Is the "lead pass" possible in 2k15? I cannot do it. It was great to sort of tell your teammate where to roll after a pick.

Right bumper, then left bumper.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

You have to consider your angle and use your lob and bounce pass options...

I didn't realize what my issue was until I played the game on 2k cam...gg made a great point here:

Quote:
You need to establish the ball handler as a threat. Drive hard (but a little wide) to the rim and the pick defender will start helping more to cut off penetration.
It's a lot more realistic than standing stationary and successfully hitting your roll man 90% of the time.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #24
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Does the "Defensive Assistance" slider have any impact on offense? Some people say that it makes PnR harder because the defender "sticks" more to you and your teammates if you have it at 100. Is that true? And I thought that this option is just for me...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »