Home

Hitting the cutter without Icon passing.

This is a discussion on Hitting the cutter without Icon passing. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Hitting the cutter without Icon passing.

I have a problem. I like to feed the post. After I have success, I notice the double teams come in. One of my post plays involves the point guard or shooting guard to cut to the basket, this should murder double teams, but, if you icon pass there is a chance the pass is too late and the point guard wands up with the ball under the basket and blows the contact lay up. passing normally seems to get the ball out on time but the pass seems to almost always fly all the way to the opposite corner. Is there a way to consistently hit the cutter down the middle without wasting time to bring up icons first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Hitting the cutter without Icon passing.

Have you tried precision passing?

On ps4 you hold L2 and move the stick in the direction of the player you wish to pass to. Don't know about Xbox (is it called the LT?).

If it is a cutter who is relatively close to you it will take some practice but once you get it down you can make those quick passes.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I find the regular directional passing much better this year. It's rare that I don't hit who I'm trying to.

When trying to hit cutters, if he's the closest teammate to me, I often don't push the left stick in any direction. Just the X button. Works every time.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I find the regular directional passing much better this year. It's rare that I don't hit who I'm trying to.

When trying to hit cutters, if he's the closest teammate to me, I often don't push the left stick in any direction. Just the X button. Works every time.
I gotta try to let off the stick and see if that works, thanks.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #5
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

with practice i have managed to get super fast at icon passing. if you work at it you can do it instinctively (just as quickly as with the pass button)…eventually i got to the point that i barely had to stop to look at the icons, i just knew which button to press for each player ahead of time. it's possible but takes practice. it's worth it, though…as icon passing is really the only way to GUARANTEE the ball goes to the right player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Use directional or memorize icons.

As for DT turnovers I hear you. They are annoying this year. If someone doesn't come to get the ball, or I am locked in the corner I call a time out. Running has a chance of travel, standing still for 2 seconds means jump ball (even though I can never get the CPU to do that) or passing makes the player drop it for a steal or thrown wild.

I try to predict the double team and toss to the open man. Flashy passing is quite awesome this year though. Just wish there was more animations like under the leg to behind you pass.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Like BezO says simply pressing X will pass to the closest teammate. It's the most foolproof way to hit a cutter from the post.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

Didn't know that about just pressing pass. Good tip. Thx

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »