Home

Would you continue if your star player got injured in the second game of my league?

This is a discussion on Would you continue if your star player got injured in the second game of my league? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Would you continue if your star player got injured in the second game of my league?

I played Allstar/sim which is already pretty average in diffculty as I used to play HOF in 2k14.. but my gosh this CPU in 2k really knows no end to screw you.
James harden got injured with a broken ankle in the second game of my league and i decided to quit the game even though i was leading.. it's horse**** to play without james harden in Rocket.. so don't give me the realistic bs.
How is it realistic
when you have an wide open layup after you pump faked a player, only to fumble it up a few times in a game.. and your player magically lose the ball like their hands are made out of jello whenever you bump into someone, even just standing still.
and by god, did i replay those charges from CPU when i run james harden to drive to the paint in a fast break and they don't start taking a charge until you are one step away from them when you had no choice but to run into them on the side, and they call that a chargee?
or how about when you want to run a fast run after the CPU scored a basket, and the game magically decided to head your pass to a player all the way into front court with surrounding cpu players?? trying to cheat you a possession for a turnover just for using a directional quick pass? me think so.

all that together pretty much added up to 10-15+ pts on user side..
not to mention
The CPU in this game is so shamelessly cheap.. i swear the CPU made as many contested jumpshots as a player would miss a wide open shot in this game.. its such a cheesy way to make this game realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 01:19 AM   #2
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Would you continue if your star player got injured in the second game of my leagu

No, I don't restart. It's very realistic, why? cause you didn't see the thunder get to press reset, with KD. Play how you want, but don't complain about an injury and restarting cause it's unrealistic.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

Re: Would you continue if your star player got injured in the second game of my leagu

Were you actually wanting an answer or just a place to rant?
Anyhow, to answer your question; Yes. Paul George and many other players were hurt of season and tomorrow is the opening day of the NBA and players will become injured then. You can't just quit.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:29 AM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
Were you actually wanting an answer or just a place to rant?
Bingo.

To answer the topic, I would continue playing without him. Sometimes **** just happens.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:15 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

You should not have restarted. In mygm John Wall broke his ankle and only missed 10 days.

Not only do I continue playing but I go a step beyond. The first gm I did John Wall tore his MCL. For reasons unrelated I restarted a new myGM. But before starting I went into roster editor and gave John Wall the same injury and carried it over into myGM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #6
Rookie

Fruit Pastilles's Arena

Those injuries just make it more interesting. Maybe you can try and find a season-rental to replace Harden.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #7
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

I had Blake break his ankle and Matthews leave with a severe 2-4 month concussion in the first few games. I kept playing but I raised the durability to 60.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
Just started!

Those injuries just make it more interesting. Maybe you can try and find a season-rental to replace Harden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »