Home

MDP Awards: Your Most Disappointing MyCareer Teammates

This is a discussion on MDP Awards: Your Most Disappointing MyCareer Teammates within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #17
Rookie

SportsMadBro's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MDP Awards: Your Most Disappointing MyCareer Teammates

Rivers refused to pass to me whilst I was wide open, I admittedly ended up giving him smack talk, every time he had the ball. I couldn't wait for my first year to be over. He clearly didn't trust me, However I had 75 percent team chemistry. He's just a punk.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #18
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

My teammates do pretty well on All-Star. Sim/HoF ignores ratings on both sides of the ball and is an irritating experience. I was averaging 20pts and 20rebs(center) on SS/Sim but bumped it down to All Star after I watched Kevin Durant hold the ball at the free throw line and wait for his defender for about 3 seconds.

So it all depends on difficulty level. On All Star, I think everyone is pretty ok. KD is a little worse than I'd like him to be, but Westbrook and Ibaka are a joy to play with. With my PG on the Hawks, Season 1, I find Horford to be a little disappointing so far, but I'll have to check back in after our chemistry is higher.

Chemistry and momentum are so overpowered in MyCareer, lol.

Across the board, your teammates play better if you get out of the way fairly often. If you're a big, don't hang out in the paint all the time going for rebounds. Sometimes you have to hang out on the outside and create space.

For PGs, sometimes you have to just swing the ball and let the play develop. Your teammates need a second to make their decisions and moves. It's a little jarring, since the CPU has eyes in the back of their head with the worst off awareness players in the game, but this is the game we play.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #19
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Nate Robinson and Jose Calderon. They play streetball until they get blocked and Nick Young: Well he plays just like he does IRL. Ball hogs and chucks threes lol

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #20
Rookie

For mine, CP3 is horrible and Blake Griffin isn't any better. CP3 tries at least 5 alley hoop pass every game (6mins and SS Sim) and in most cases no one was able to catch them!! Both of them miss open jumpers a lot. Poor Griffin doesn't try to get close to the basket to shoot at all. I'm on my 2nd year around mid Nov, and I've played all games.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #21
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2001
For mine, CP3 is horrible and Blake Griffin isn't any better. CP3 tries at least 5 alley hoop pass every game (6mins and SS Sim) and in most cases no one was able to catch them!!
THIS!!! If we go by this game CP3 is the worst point guard ever to have stepped on the court. Routinely throws up lobs thinking he's in 2K14 only to have them fly out of bounds with nobody even trying to catch them. Dude is a turnover machine, and would rather shoot than pass to open teammates.

Can't speak for Griffin, as I took his starting spot. Why he's not starting and Jordan coming off the bench I have no idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 02:56 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlessgun
It's the big mycareer decision: where do you go in year 2 to start winning some games, some awards, and start building your legacy? What teammates will help you win that title, or just be fun to play with?

And then you sign with the team, fire up the first game of the season, and that one player you were excited about sucks. Who is that player for you?

For me it's Damian Lillard. I love this guy in real life. I'm a Blazers fan and had dreams of starting a long dynasty in Portland, with Lillard as a core piece. And barely a season later, I hope he gets traded.

A typical stat line for 2kLillard is 36 min, 4/18 shooting, 1 reb 2 assists. Of his 18 shots, 7 were wide open Js that I set up for him, of which he made 2. 5 are contested or blocked pullups directly into the waiting arms of a rotating center after I freed him off a screen and he refused to pass to the open big under the hoop. The last 6 are random off balance chucks early in the shot clock.

This isn't just a case of all mycareer teammates being bad. Lamarcus is great, beast in the post. Rolo plays his role well. And my backup PG outplays 2kLillard game in and game out. My backup PG finds the open man. He takes and makes the open Js I set up for him. He passes me the ball when I call for it wide open at the 3pt line.

Who is this mysterious backup PG that so overshadows budding star Damian Lillard? His name is Beno Udrih.
I really enjoyed this. Mine is Kemba Walker, who does all of those things you described. I imagine anyone could say their's is [insert Starting PG] as long as you're not the PG yourself.

I just changed the setting to All-Star, and Casual mode. Kemba actually scored 29 points. I hate the fact that I might have to use casual mode but at least players made shots. However, we blew out the Cavs by 20 so now I might bump it up to a higher difficulty. I'll keep tinkering.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #23
Rookie

SuperQharisma's Arena

Small Forward ... Played my first season with the Hawks ..... Gotta give it to Paul Millsap ... Not going to totally blame him ... just not sure his game fits into a video game ... He's definitely a decent player irl .....

Signed with the Nets in the offseason ..... Set my Joe Johnson expectations wayyyyyy to high .... He's a great jump shooter ... but it doesn't translate well in 2k ....

In all previous 2ks .. I've been able to have a teammate avg. 20ppg with me ... I hate scoring all the points ....

I expected JJ to be this person .... Needless to say I'm avg. 33 ... the second on the team is Brook Lopez at 13 ..... D. Will is getting 12 ... Stokes (another free agent signing playing PF) is getting 11 ..... and Joe Johnson is barely avg. 10 ....... balance ... but I'd like to have another double team threat with me ...

But I got to give it to him .... He is usually good enough to hold me down on offense for one qtr .... Just not sure if it will be the 1st ... or the 4th ...
Old 10-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #24
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQharisma
Small Forward ... Played my first season with the Hawks ..... Gotta give it to Paul Millsap ... Not going to totally blame him ... just not sure his game fits into a video game ... He's definitely a decent player irl .....

Signed with the Nets in the offseason ..... Set my Joe Johnson expectations wayyyyyy to high .... He's a great jump shooter ... but it doesn't translate well in 2k ....

In all previous 2ks .. I've been able to have a teammate avg. 20ppg with me ... I hate scoring all the points ....

I expected JJ to be this person .... Needless to say I'm avg. 33 ... the second on the team is Brook Lopez at 13 ..... D. Will is getting 12 ... Stokes (another free agent signing playing PF) is getting 11 ..... and Joe Johnson is barely avg. 10 ....... balance ... but I'd like to have another double team threat with me ...

But I got to give it to him .... He is usually good enough to hold me down on offense for one qtr .... Just not sure if it will be the 1st ... or the 4th ...
What's with.....all of the.....ellipses.....in your posts....in place of regular punctuation?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »